Chapter 21: An Unlikely Ally

Darling's P.O.V.

I give out a small scream before jumping up and removing the bow and arrows hung on my parents' bedroom wall. "Where's my mother?" I demand.

The bear doesn't roar or growl, it simply moves towards a shelf full of family potraits. 5 happy Charming's dressed their best, all posing in perfection. Me in a poofy cupcake, Daring wearing the best knight/prince's attire, Dexter trying to get out of Daring's shadow, literally and my parents grinning as if everything was great. "What do you want?" I ask, still no answer.

The grand bear gingerly lays a claw onto my mother in the painting. It lets out a small whimper and points (or tries its best to point) at my mother, Merida Dunbroch. I knew what it meant, but I refused to believe it. What did the cake even do? Why couldn't I remember?

I look the bear (AKA my mom) into the eye and ran to my room. Luckily, I wasn't spotted, so I quickly lock the door. I rush to my closet and pull out a shining floorboard. Beaneth is a box of athletics clothing that I would never be allowed to wear. I put on a long sleeved baby blue shirt and silver pants. Then I slip on a shiny baby blue skirt with pale pink edges, now this was no ordinary skirt. Inside it contained pockets with small daggers and throwing stars. (Just in case...); Just then, I notice I still have the necklace my mother gave me, the one with three bears and emerald eyes. I slip on a connected shoulder armor and chestplate that is covered in pink rubies, small silver studs on the edges and molded with flower-y accents. It works just like real armor, however it's disguised to look like a large princess accessory. Finally, I tighten a metal corset/armor with matching gems, studs and accents. It was the perfect princess armor.

I make a mad dash to my balcony and pull up the flower covered boxes and open it. I dump the contents on my bed and start searching. If this was my destiny then my mother must have lived through it, there must have been something she had that could help. Unfortunately, it's all the same. Charmed Yearbooks, videos, hextbooks, and a old cloak that became pale blue over the years. However, the cloak has a brooch that's exactly the same as my pendant. I decided it would be useful...somehow, so I quickly put it on. I slung the arrows on my hips and grab my sword from under the floorboards and sling the sheath and the sword on the other side of my hips.

Everything was set and I knew where I was heading. With rope I stashed underneath my white nightstand I climb down the balcony and follow the river until I reach the small town. I dart into the general store and look WItchita straight in the eye. Her olive green eyes meet mine and she gets the message and locks the door and flips the "CLOSED" sign.

Witchita shuffles me into her bedroom which had white walls and hardwood floors. Her bed was in one corner with her desk on the left side. In front of her bed was a small closet and on the window sill were many wood carvings and a small pocket knife. Next to her white desk was a large black bookcase with bear engravements. On it were many books, old and new. "I'm sorry," she says with a guilty look.

"What happened? I just can't seem to remember what happened after you teleported us back."

"You're going to need to sit down for this," she suggests.

I obey and then comes the dreaded answer. "Brace yourself," states Witchita, "Well, I was in the middle of making that cake that would change your mother's mind, but my mother came in and switched the spell into a curse. Then, she cursed you to give the cake to your mom. I could't help, she chained me here until an hour after you left, I am so sorry."

My eyes widened, "What curse?!"

"I checked my spellbooks and I believe it changed whoever ate it into a bear, that's all I know. I've never been to my mum's room," Witchita says.

"I have to know how to fix it! She's my mother, for Grimm's sake!" I say.

"How about we check out your mom's room?" I suggest, "There has to be a cure!"

Witchita stares down at her shoes, "I don't know..."

"Look, I understand, you've been through a lot. It's okay if you don't want to go, but I have to! She's my mother and even if we had our differences, I got to save her."

"I guess I can go with you. It is getting tiring of being commanded all the time," Witchita says with a weak smile, "Come on, it's this way."

We come to a dark brown door with a black handle and she turns it. The door swinging wide open...

A/N: Another chapter done! Sorry for my spelling errors and such a late update. I'm just so busy, but I finally finished it, so YAY! I'll try to update in 1-2 weeks like last time and take care everyone!