Chapter 4: Date Knight

In the next few weeks, Chase and Darling grew close. Chase was the only one who could accept Darling for who she truly was and understand her frustration. Of course, Darling's BFFA Rosabella Beauty would accept her, but Rosabella coulodn't share the same pain Darling had.

"It's so frustrating! No one faces the fact that Mirrorphones are already invented, but girls can't fight!" ranted Darling.

Chase answers, "I get it, it's the modern world already."

"I wish people would sit down and listen that girls aren't helpless!" Darling groaned.

"Come here, you need a break," Chase said, arms out for a hug.

Darling smiles and hugs him. "We should let this be official," Darling suggests, "I mean what if someone spills it. That would be royally worse. Beside,s you're a knight, and I am a princess, not that bad for the public."

Chase claims, "Yeah, I should ask you on a date. Wanna go out will me for some bowling?"

Darling grins, "Yes times a million."

"Good, it is settled then. Meet me at the Gold Ball Bowling Center at 6PM?"

Darling nods and the two lovebirds head back to the campus. At around 5PM, Darling showered, changed and was all set. She wore a tight sparkly pale blue dress with pink mesh strap sleeves. Her silver pumps matched her silver bag, and she put on a pink sweater jacket. Hair pulled back in a ponytail and with a silver tiara with pink jewels topped off her outfit. "Where are you going all dressed up this lovely evening?" asked Apple White.

Darling answered, happily, "On a date."

"Date?!" inquired Apple, "Where and with whom?"

Darling smiles, "Chase Redford, isn't he charming?"

Apple was quiet for a moment, and then she chimed, "But he isn't a prince? Are you rebelling? It's the last year of high school, shouldn't you be dating you destined prince?"

"Apple, in my story the Charming Princess is saved by a prince OR knight, so you got nothing to fear," Darling hexplained.

Secretly, Darling was positively sure Headmaster Grimm made up that tale since she was daughter of the Charmings. Apple still looked worried, but she wished her friend well. The princesses have grown closer ever since Dragon Games and the CPR/kiss since their true friendship broke the curse. They weren't in love with each other, it was just because they were friends and true friendship was just as strong as true love.

Darling left and immediate Blondie's Mirrorcast blared on the school's Mirror TVs. "Live, Darling Charming is going on a date! You must be wondering who's the lucky Prince Charming? Well, a source says it's Chase Redford, our new student. How did the Red Knight charm Darling, we have no idea, but we're about to find out!" reports Blondie, "Now would you like to give us some details?"

Darling answers, "Well, I'm meeting Chase at 6PM at the Gold Ball Bowling Center and I'm absolutely sure the date will be hexcellent!"

"And how did he ask you out? Did he forget you're the daughter of King Charming?" questions Blondie.

Darling tried not to scream, just because she was a princess doesn't mean she can't date people who aren't super royalty. Darling mentally calms herself and says, "Well, in the end as long as you're kind and true, it does not matter what family you came from. What matters is who you are, as long as your heart is in the right place you're just as good as any royal prince or princess."

Blondie stood a little shocked at what Darling had just said. Blondie always tried hard to get into the "royal clique" and now one of the most elite members just said it doesn't matter. "Oh, um, thanks for the interview. This is Blondie Lockes and I'll try to get more of the juiciest gossip. Blondie Lockes signing out!" Blondie yells as she turns her broadcast off and wishes Darling luck for her first date.

Darling smiles and tells an orange pumpkin cab to get her to the bowling center. "You're looking great," greets Chase, "By the way, thanks for defending me on Blondie's Mirrorcast."

"No problem, that girl needs to know her boundaries," replies Darling.

"Come on, let's go play," Chase says, holding Darling's hand.

After bowling, Chase and the princess went out for some pizza and milkshakes. They did receive a few stares, but nothing could ruin the new couple's happiness. Finally, someone who could understand Darling's frustration, it was like a dream come true. "I got one more card up my sleeve," Chase said after he and the princess finished dinner.

Darling asked, "What is it?"

Chase chuckles, "You'll see. Come on."

The knight grabs Darling's arm, and they run to a meadow. There at the beautiful meadow was Sir Gallopad, Darling's pet horse and Chase's valiant steed, Chivalry. "Go for a ride?" invites Chase.

Darling exclaims, "I though you'd never ask."

The princess and the knight rode off into the meadows, it wasn't those rides were the horse barely walked and fifty servants would follow behind the princess in case of an accident. This was a fast paced, knight style ride. "Woo-hoo!" squeals Darling.

In the end, Chase walked Darling back to her dorm, kissed her goodnight and both returned with happy memories.