Protecting You- Jolivia

It was 10pm on a rainy Wednesday night. Josh had just gotten ready for bed. He had just gotten into bed when there was a knock on his bedroom door.

" Come in". Josh called.

The door opened and there was Olivia , standing in her PJ's. Her face was red  , and little tears were running down her face.

Josh was surprised to see his girlfriend at this time , but he was worried when he saw her upset face. He got up and went straight to Olivia. He didn't say anything , he just picked her up and carried her to his bed. She sat in his lap , resting her head on his shoulder , and Josh rubbing her back trying to calm her down.

" Your mom let me in". Olivia said quietly.

Josh didn't say anything, he just stroked her hair.

After a few minutes Olivia lifted her head up little tears still running down her face , she looked at Josh.

Josh's heart broke at the sight , but he also couldn't help but smile at her cute little face. He wiped the tears off her face, and placed little kisses on her face.

" What happened baby?". Josh asked softly.

Olivia shook her head a little , she began to cry again.

" I was getting ready for bed , the rain started to become heavier I was really scared. I was home alone , my parents were still at work. I was scared to sleep home alone , I texted my mom told her that I'm coming to your house, I grabbed the keys , and drove over". Olivia said.

" Baby why didn't you call me ? , I could've come over to stay with you, I could've even come over to your house to get you and bring you back here". Josh said holding her tight , his arms wrapped around her waist.

" I thought you were asleep , I didn't want to bother you". Olivia said.

" Livy babe I should have called you, but I thought you were asleep too". Josh said sad.

Olivia came to respond , but then the thunder roared she threw herself back into Josh's arms. 

" Hey , hey , Livy your ok , I've got you baby ". Josh said , rubbing her back.

" Can I stay here tonight?". Olivia asked crying.

Josh pulled away so that he could look her in the eyes , " Of course you can baby always". He said , placing a kiss on her forehead.

Olivia leaned in and pecked his lips. 

Josh held her tightly , and pulled the covers so that they could lay down. They laid down Olivia laying on Josh's chest.

"I'll protect you Liv , your safe don't worry". Josh said .

" You always make me feel so safe". Olivia said, raising her head up to look him in the eyes.

Josh leaned in and kissed her lips , Olivia kissed back smiling.

" I love you". Olivia said , once they pulled away.

" I love you more".  Josh said , kissing her again.

Once they pulled away Olivia laid  her head back down on Josh's chest , wrapping her arms around his waist. Josh wrapped his arms around her waist holding her tightly. Olivia placed a kiss by his neck and said , " Thank you Joshy , you always make me feel safe".

Josh smiled and kissed the top of her head " I love you baby , I'll be here always for you". Josh said.

There was no response , Josh slowly looked down to see that Olivia had fallen asleep. He smiled at her cute face , kissed the top of her head one more time , and said " Goodnight baby , I'll always be here to protect you".

He held her tighter , before closing his eyes and falling asleep.