Chapter fifteen: Tension

Hi guys! Another chappie...Yey!

Anyways...I just told one reader of this story which is my sister, that I am the author of this book. I swear, her expression was so funny that she didn't believe me. I actually needed to do a looooottt of convincing for her to believe me. Haha lol

So put that aside, here's the chapter....

**********

"Will you be my girlfriend?" he asked.

I choked on my drink and  coughed like crazy which made him laugh hysterically.

"Wh-what?" I coughed.

"Don't pretend you didn't hear it." He frowned.

"I did hear it, I just needed to clarify it."

"Okay then...Will you be my gi-"

"Stop, I heard enough." I cut him off.

"So is that a yes?"

"What? No!" I shouted.

"So it's a no then?"

" No- I mean yes, I mean- ugh..."

"What?!" He asked confused.

"I can't answer you right now." I mumbled.

He nodded in understanding. After drinking our smoothies, he walked me back to my house. The whole walk to my house was dead silent. Both of us deep in our own thoughts.

"So....see ya." He bid when we arrived at my porch.

"Yeah sure..." He was about to walk away but then I stopped him. "Wait!" I ran up to him and hugged him.

"Go to the coffee shop where we first met at 3:00 pm tomorrow....I'll give you my answer there." I whispered then I backed up slowly and ran inside the house.

"Dani, WAKE UP!" Someone's shaking me.

"Huh? What happened?" I asked once I was awake. I look at the person who shook me and saw a grinning Jess. I looked around and realized I'm still at work.

"No sleeping on the job you know." A deep voice said. I looked up and saw Seth. Jess walked out suddenly.

"No to be rude or anything sir but I got sleepy of waiting for you while you're making ou- I mean while you're having you're talk with Ms. Kath." I said.

"It was a very important talk Ms. Preston." He's angry. If I recalled correctly but that's the first time he called me Ms. Preston.

"Okay then." I said emotionless. I walked back to his office, or should I say....Our office. Leaving him behind.

I sat down on my chair once I got there. I sighed. Why am I so worked up about it anyway?

A minute later he arrived not even bothering glancing to me. I didn't acknowledge his presence either. Instead I just sat there and pretended I was typing something on the computer.

He walked to his desk and sat down on his comfortable seat. Then he took out some papers and started studying them. He signed a few papers until he finally spoke up.

"What's wrong?" His deep demanding voice booming throughout the room but he just set his eyes trained on some paperworks.

"Pardon?"

"Don't pretend that you're doing something important to that computer that's related to work." He said bluntly. How did he know I was just acting.

"Nothing's wrong." I replied, my tone flat.

He sighed then finally looked at me."Yeah and pigs fly."

"Are you implying that I'm lying?"

"Yes," I raised my eyebrows at this.

"Well it's none of your business sir." Am I really that easy to read. How did he know I was lying?

"Oh?" It was now his turn to raise his eyebrows.

"Yes." I said.

"Okay then..."

"Good." After that being said silence covered us the whole time at work.