Chapter seven: Another dream

"Fancy meeting you here." I looked up from my phone to the person speaking to me. When I realized who it was my eyes widened.

"Yeah fancy." I said with sarcasm.

"What are you doing here?" He asked.

We were in the city park. I was busy with my phone until he showed up and destroyed my peaceful moment.

"Same goes for you."

"Fair enough..." he trailed off. "So wanna go somewhere with me?" Go with him? We barely even know each other. Besides, we aren't in the best of terms. At least I think we aren't.

"What? Just to let you know strangers don't hang out."

"We're not strangers. We're acquaintances and besides that is what making it interesting right?"

"Barely acquaintances and what makes it interesting when you go with someone you don't even know."

"That's the point. It's interesting because you don't know each other." he responded.

"Not interesting at all."

"See?"

"What?"

"We're already talking right now. I mean we even passed through talking and skipped to fighting."

"What? I don't even know your name."

"Okay then." He stood up and held his hand out for me."Let's start again I'm......DANIELA!" Huh? Why is he shouting at me. Why is his voice girly?

"DANIELA!!" he's shouting again.

"DANIELA WAKE UP!!" Why the hell is he telling me to wake up?

I was shaking uncontrollably til I opened my eyes and was greeted with Rachel's face. She was shaking me til I woke up. Not actually the best idea to wake someone up.

"What?!" I spatted angrily. I still want to go back to sleep.

"Wake up you lazy ass. We're gonna be late for work." Work? WORK! Shoots I totally forgot.

I hurriedly went to the bathroom and took a shower. It's been a month now since I woke up from that hospital. I started working last week since I surprisingly learned very fast in what I need to do. I think it's already stored in me all along. So far so good and I got along well with everyone at work especially Mrs. Collins.

Then I thought about my dream. For a long time, this is the first time the dreams came back since that dream in the coffee shop fight.

A moment later I got off the shower and put on some clothes and shoes. Dried my hair and combed it as fast as I can. Then I ran down the stair to the kitchen just to find Rachel and my brother almost kissing. Well isn't this awkward. I cleared my throat and that's when they realized they weren't alone and then pulled away.

"Piece of advice don't do that stuff inside the house. Mom and dad might see you. You're lucky it was just me." I told them.

Rachel blushed furiously while my brother was looking anywhere but me. Can't blame him actually. Who would want to look at someone who just caught your almost kiss with your lover?

"Anyways finish what you're about to do later. I and your girl got somewhere else to be which reminds me we're late for work." If Rachel's blush was bad awhile ago this time she blushed even harder. How cute.

****

"Dani, Mrs. Collins needs these documents sent to her right now." Jess said to me while giving me the documents. I'm actually Mrs. Collins' assistant so that is why I need to be doing this. I also learned that this was also my position before what happened....happened.

"Thanks Jess, just put it there and I'll send them to her in a moment." I smiled at her and then got up and knocked on Mrs. Collins door.

"Come in,"   she said. I opened the door and she was on her computer typing something with a frown on her face. She looked up to me and then a smile broke into her face.

You might be wondering why it wasn't her husband handling the business instead of her. Actually he was but then a few years ago he died because of cancer and since then she replaced his position. How did I know this? Well, Rachel of course.

"Umm Jess said you need these documents."

"Oh, thank you." I put the documents on her desk. When I was about to turn away and leave she stopped me. "Yes?"

"I need to talk to you about something. Please, have a sit. This will only take a moment." she gestured to the seat in front of her. Technically the desk was in the middle of her and the chair. When she was  done she faced me again.

"What do you want to talk about?" I asked nervous. Did I do something wrong?

"Don't worry dear, you didn't do anything." I think she read my expression then.

"Oh okay....so what is it about?"

"You were already informed of my retirement correct?" I nodded and gestured for her to go on. "So in a few days which is next week I'll be gone and my son will be replacing me."

"And why does this involve me?..."

"Because when I'm gone, you will be assisting him instead." I gulped. I have a feeling I will not be liking this. "From that time on, you will be his assistant not mine. Alright?"

"When exactly are you leaving? If you don't mind me asking?"

"This Monday my son will be the new heir to this company." That is four days away from now.

"Oh okay...."

"Don't worry dear, I will be visiting from time to check the company's condition in the first few months in the hands of my son. Not that I don't trust him though." I just nodded. Then after that she let me go back to my office.

When I sat on my chair I thought about what she said. Four days from now I will have a new boss and I'm not even sure if he'll be nice. I ran my hands through my hair in frustration and laid my head back at my office chair. In the end I just busied myself in the files to take my mind off things.

******

Another update!! Sorry if this chapter is kinda boring. Anyways comment, vote and share.

-Enchanted