Chapter nine: Bitter meetings

"Daniela please come to my office right now!" Sir Seth shouted through the phone.

I rushed out my desk to his office to find him very focused in his laptop with his eyebrows furrowed that he didn't even look up to me when I came in.

"Is something wrong sir?" I tried to get his attention but when I did, I instantly regretted it. He looked like could kill someone at this moment.

"Yes, did you know I had an appointment with the Clarke's today?"

"Uh-yes sir I actually-" My sentence was cut short when his booming voice spoke up.

"Then why didn't you tell me!"

"I was s-supposed to tell you e-earlier sir b-but you were in a meeting, I didn't want to d-disturb you."

He sighed and rubbed his forehead. "You're not doing your job properly then." He said his voice low but full with venom.

"Umm s-sir..." I stuttered. I didn't know what to say. He's being so scary right now that even a monster would be scared of him.

"Daniela...do you know who I am?" He asked dangerously low.

"Y-yes sir" I stuttered again.

"Good. Then you must know then that I can fire you anytime you unsatisfy me with your job!" he shouted. I took a step back. No doubt that only one emotion showed in my face right now. Fear.

His features softened a little but then it got back to that stern expression so fast that I think I only imagined it.

"Get out." He said. I nodded without another word and rushed to the door. When I was out I heaved a sigh. I'm just glad I'm already out the office.

"Dani? Are you okay?" Jess asked concerned.

"Yes," I smiled.

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah, why wouldn't I be?"  I reassured her.

We are in a cafe right now since it's our break. It was only me and Jess in the table since Rachel got us our orders.

To tell you the truth. I've been spacing out a lot since what happened this morning. I mean he's my boss since a few days and yet he doesn't already like me. Was there something wrong with me?

"Daniela?" A familiar voice cut me off my reverie. I looked at the back and saw him there.

The bidder. My bidder. Bitter! I walked up to him, smiled then hug him.

"Hey, Bitter."

"Hey sugar." I frowned at this.

"I told you not to call me that."

He held his hand up in surrender. "Okay."

"So how have you been?" I asked.

"Fine but now feeling the best that I saw you." I blushed at this statement. "How cute. You're blushing."

"Shut up." Then he laughed.

"Anyways, I forgot to actually tell you my name didn't I?"

"Oh, yes you did."

"Sooo, I'm Jared Martinez by the way nice to meet you." He held out his hand for me and I took it.

"Daniela Preston." Then I chuckled. It was good to see him right now.

"So I gotta go. I'm sorry I can't stay long even though I would want to."

"That's perfectly fine. Sorry I disturbed you."

"Don't say sorry. In fact I'm glad it was you. Besides, if we haven't seen each other today then you wouldn't know my real name right?"

"Yeah I guess...so I gotta go too. I gotta go back to my friends." Then we bid our goodbyes to each other and walked to our separated ways.

"Who was that?" Jess asked.

"Who Jared?" Rachel didn't say anything. She just kept quiet. Something must be bothering her. I need to talk to her later.

"His name is Jared? A hot name for a hot guy." I just shook my head in her childish manner.

"Let's just eat." Was my only response.

"Where are we going?"

"It's a surprise!" he said in a girly tone.

"No!"

"Don't girls loves surprises?"

"Not this one." I mumbled under my breath.

"If that's the case then we're here then."

He got out of his seat and ran to my side of the car and opened the door for me. How sweet.

When I finally took in my surroundings. My breath hitch in my throat at the sight.

"It's beautiful."

"I know."

Then he came to my side and offered me his jacket. How romantic. It really is.

*******

So yeah another chapter! Yey! So please do comment, vote and share.

-Enchanted