Chapter twenty two: Life is unfair

Life is just so unfair. Isn't it?

Just when I thought that I can know who this mystery guy is, Garreth just have got to walk in. It's frustating me that he's forbidding me to even know my past? My past! It' my own life damn it and he's forbidding me from it?!

"Are you just going to sit there and stare at nothing or are you going to tell me what happened?"

"What really did happen Amanda?" I unburied my face from my hand and tilted my head to look at her.

"I don't know. You were the one who came here looking like someone who could kill anyone at the moment then...." She then looked me straight in the eye."That's not what you meant, isn't it?"

I shook my head sideways. "I need to know what really happened. Please." I desperately said.

She avoided looking at me, anywhere but me. Now, I realized all of them were just cowards. I don't care if they promised something but they just can't put me in the dark forever. They don't have the right to do that.

"Daniela please don't let me do this..." She trailed off.

"Do what exactly?" I said raising voice. "I just wanted to know who I really am. Is that too hard to ask? Don't I have the right to know my own past? My own past for God's sake! It's mine but why are you all taking it away from me?" Amanda flinched at my sharp tone but I didn't care. I  needed them to see my point.

"But Daniela, you are who you are. You don't need the past to be in the present." She tried explaining.

"That is where you're wrong." I snapped.

"Ever heard the saying, 'The past is in the past so let it go'?"

"You're probably right..." I saw her sigh relieved but I'm not yet done. "But that's not how it works. Yes, we need to let go of what was done but doesn't mean we should also  forget it. The past is the reason why we avoid certain mistakes because we don't want to commit that mistake again. The past is the reason that molds us into the person we are today. In fact, the past is just as important as the present and future."

I looked at her expecting that she would argue but she is just looking at me, so I continued.

"And I badly need that past Ames, I need my past to know what I can do with my present and what I will do with my future." I looked straight in her eye to let her see the vulnerability in them.

She sighed and sat down to the chair closest to her. She looked like she was thinking deeply. 'Come on Ames, tell me what you know.' I thought to myself.

"I can't believe I'm doing this." She mumbled. "I can't promise to tell you everything you want to know. Though, I can promise to tell you things I do know. But for now, we should take some rest. I promise to tell you when we wake up." I was about to argue but her look didn't let me. At least she's willing to tell me things.

"Dani! I'm coming to get you!" I giggled. I know sooner he was going to find me and when he does, it's game over for me. Even if I run he can easily catch me. Between the two of us he was faster, no surprise there.