Chapter five: Showcase girl

"You did what?!" I shouted directly to Rachel almost choking from my drink.

She gave me an innocent look and said "What I just thought you'd actually like it since it's for the-"

"Nope I don't like it at all so please get me out!" I cut her off uninterested.

"No you don't understand it for the cha-"

I stopped her again and spoke "Not interested Rach."

"Would you shut up and let me finish my sentence!" Okay that actually shut me up. She was breathing heavily and when she was satisfied with me she spoke again. "Ok, the reason I let you join is because this is a charity for the children and we're helping them by doing this. Would you really think I would let you join this for nothing? I'm not actually a bad bestfriend here."

"Then why don't you have volunteered yourself if you like it so much helping the children. Not saying that I don't want to help but not this way."

"You know I have a boyfriend. If he so ever finds out about this he'll throw a fit." Ok...she does have a point but the hell?! I am not joining this stupid thing.

"But why me? Aren't you scared for my safety?" I pouted.

"Of course I am. That doesn't even need questioning." I lit up at her reponse finding hope to get out of this thing til she opened her annoying mouth again. "But this is a hundred percent safe. They can't take you anywhere." And just like that my hope was gone.

"Still no. I will not be a showcase girl!"

"A showcase girl? God, it's not like you're selling yourself to others. All you need to do is dress nicely and then someone will bid for you and whoever has the highest bid will win and have you for the night and the money will be donated to the charity for the children."she explained.

"Ugh! You know this argument is pointless you can't let me go somewhere against my will."

"Dani-"

"Still no Rach. If I say no then no." I said ending the conversation.

But why is that a night later I just found myself in the backstage with the other girls waiting for our turn? In a dress? Since it's the nuns that's hosting this event, we can't actually wear revealing clothings. My dress' design is florals that goes just above my knee. It's flowy and conservative. I can say though it looked good on me. My hair was in ponytail but it was curled in the ends and my makeup is light which gives off the natural look.

"Daniela Preston?" A woman from which I have observed is the organizer of the event came up to me.

"Yes?"

"Get ready you're almost up" she reminded then she walked away without waiting for my reply.

That is when panic and nervousness hit me. Oh my god, I can't do this. Why did I agree to this in the first place? Oh yeah, because Rachel's been begging me in every chance she got and tells me 'think about the children Dani' every time. At first I ignored her then she got really irritating to handle so I unthinkably agreed. Wait, the bigger question is would someone even bid for me? And now I got all self conscious and praying to God for a miracle to happen. Unfortunately the universe is not on my side today because a moment later my name was called.

I reluctantly went to the up the stage and stoop in the middle of the stage facing the people. Which I can't make out their faces because of the blinding lights that's directed to me that I need to squint my eyes to see a bit.

"Daniela Preston is..." The nun started my life details and when she was done she spoke again."Can we start at 100?"

"100!" Someone shouted. I look to the audience not believing. Someone would bid on me?

"200!" Another one shouted.

"250!" Another voice.

"500!"

"700!"

"1000!"

"1500!" This time there were already very many voices who were shouting and I couldn't make out one of their faces. The number grew higher and higher each passing moment. This was not what I expected when I agreed to this thing.

"30,000!"

"35,000!" How rich are these people in here? I mean they should be quiet rich if they attended this.

"50,000!" Woah!

"60,000!"

"A hundred thousand!" Everyone gasped including me. Seriously how rich are these people. But I can't also help but get flattered.

"Going once, going twice and sold. Bidder please come up on stage and claim your prize." Sold? I am not a thing. Not to sound rude or anything but right now all I want is to strangle that old nun.

"Excuse me but I believe you're mine for the night." A voice spoke. I turned tone who spoke and the next thing thing I knew I mentally dropped my jaw to ground with my eyes open wide. I was not expecting this!

*****

Hey guys! So I gave you a cliffhanger but that's what makes it interesting right?

Please comment, vote and share.

-Enchanted