Chapter 29

Today sucked. Today officially sucked. She had barely slept the night before, much to Derek's annoyance as she stayed up trying to think of how to tell Izzie she was kind of with Derek. And then she hadn't needed to tell Izzie anything because she had walked in to them going at it at on the couch. Which caused another problem as Meredith had definitely been enjoying herself. And finally her patient had died on her.

Today was officially the worst day she had had in a long time. And she was dying for a drink. She hadn't actually drank to deal with bad days in a long time, but she had a feeling she would definitely need a drink by the time she tracked down Izzie. Or when she walked into her office to find Derek's corpse. Today definitely sucked. Patients were dying, friends were pissed, and she was horny.

She hadn't actually been horny for a while. Well she had been but not in a wanting to jump Derek way. She definitely wanted to jump Derek. Which probably had something to do with their celebratory kiss had been interrupted and she had been enjoying it. She was enjoying making out with Derek on her couch and she really needed to find the courage to tell him she wanted that more.

Telling him she wanted more would lead to more celebratory kisses, and more than just the feeling up they had gotten to at this point. She definitely wanted more. She wanted to jump him, she wanted to celebrate in the trailer, or her apartment, which ever one worked best, but really, she just wanted to be with him. As his girlfriend or whatever she was going to be this time.

She definitely had to talk to him about all of this. If he was even still alive. Which he should be. He had stood up for them when she had been there, which had kind of been amazing. It had definitely been amazing to hear Derek defend them, to feel his hand on her back even though Izzie was right there and definitely being more than a little scary about all of them.

But still...she wasn't sure if Izzie wouldn't kill Derek. Even if he was standing up for them, or probably especially if he was standing up them. Izzie could get scary. She had a tendency to get a little scary and loud and Derek...Derek wanted more. Meredith knew that. Derek wanted more. But after Izzie was done, if he was still alive, he might not want this anymore.

Izzie would probably point out all the reasons they shouldn't be together. And she had a feeling there was reasons, there was probably still reasons that they shouldn't be together. She was actually kind of certain the only reason they should be together wa because they wanted this more than anything. But still, Izzie could definitely scare Derek out of this.

Which meant this day could only get worse. She was either going to go back to her office and find him dead or he was going to tell her this was a bad idea. This day could definitely get fifty times worse, so maybe she would just keep quiet about this whole wanting more with Derek thing quiet until she knew for sure how bad the day was going to get, and how much Izzie had actually said.

"Meredith," Izzie's voice came from behind her.

Crap. The day had definitely just gotten worse. "Izzie," Meredith turned to look at her friend.

"Don't look at me like that," Izzie groaned. "The ass is still kicking."

"Good," she sighed. "That's good." It just didn't answer the question of whether or not Derek still wanted this.

"I'm supposed to give you two a chance because you're happy and a whole bunch of other things," Izzie sighed.

"That would be nice," Meredith smiled. "We are happy."

"You're happy now."

"I'm happy, Izzie," Meredith said firmly. "Really stupidly happy."

"You were last time."