The End Of Distractions

LR woke up with the sun shining on her face. She looked over to Crystal. She was still sleeping. LR stroked the hair out of the sister's mouth and smiled. She was only one year older than her sister, but her sister was her life.

Tiredly LR made her way to the bathroom to brush her teeth.

Timothy was standing there, humming, 'Scars to your beautiful.

LR loved that song-It made her feel at peace in this judgemental society.

When LR was younger, she had always struggled with her body image and her face. She ever tried to fit in until she came across that song.

It described her excellently. "She wants to be beautiful. She goes unnoticed. She knows no limits. She craves hmm hmm", LR harmonised in the doorway of the bathroom.

Timothy turned around astonishingly-He never in his wildest dreams thought that she could sing. He smiled like a lemur with all his teeth showing. LR just grinned back-people always had that reaction.

After they finished prepping themselves for the day, they realised Jeremiah and Crystal were still not up.

"I heard Jeremiah go down yesterday; he's probably still exhausted.", Timothy said with an untroubled appearance.

"That's a tad weird; I heard Crystal go down too..." Crystal said, not sure if to grin or scowl.

Both of them looked at each other and burst into laughter.

Crystal would never in a million years even talk to him.

At least that's what LR deemed.

Timothy swiftly went to check on Jeremiah, but he wasn't in his room.

And so did LR but Crystal was already awake with a guilty expression on her face. LR was disoriented. What could someone be blameworthy about in the morning!?

"Did you do anything shady?" LR asked her sister with a concerned smile.

Crystal stood still and looked at her sister.

"You can tell me...I won't get irate, I swear.", LR urged.

"Well...Yesterday I talked to Jeremiah, and I don't know there was a moment and.." Crystal strumbled.

"Don't be cringe,...Crystal, you're nearly a legitimate adult." LR laughed.

"If you have a crush for the first time at 16, it isn't a violation.", LR continued, baffled as to why her sister felt guilty.

They didn't do anything disgusting. It was just chatting.

LR rolled her eyes. Her sister was just such a diva.

Crystal ran down to meet Jeremiah.

"Great morning!" said Crystal to him.

No reply.

He was looking at her as if there was something on her face.

No. Jeremiah looked annoyed.

No. Jeremiah looked at Crystal as if she had said a coarse joke.

"He is probably furious at me..." Crystal thought.

Crystal went over to the couch to sit next to him, only for him to stand up.

"I am sorry!" she screamed after him.

"For what?" he asked back faced to her.

"For...for acting childish." Crystal forced.

"Thank you, but as you said, you're childish, and I don't need that right now.", he said, annoyed.

"Says the one who scratched me just because I didn't have a good day.", she replied, hurt and bugged.

She was probably the most mature of them all.

He turned around guilty. He looked down at Crystal's arm, which had blood on the bandage.

"But...I said sorry..." he gabbled.

"Well, so did I.", she rejoined.

"Yeah...I'm sorry.", he said.

"Great for you," she said, walking away from his bothersome face.