Lost

Crystal opened her eyes.

She tried to get out of bed but couldn't.

She tried again. She couldn't get out.

She was emotionally overwhelmed.

She was scared, angry that it all had to happen to her.

Crystal reached for her phone and rang her best friend, Yahaira.

Mailbox. Crystal realised what happened the day before on Friday.

She barked at her friend.

Her only friend. Crystal spoke words she should've never said.

Crystal knew she had to fix the mess she just made.

Crystal forced herself out of her warm bed even if she didn't want to because she knew Yahaira would've done the same for her.

Her hair was rumpled.

Crystal's eyes were puffy because of the endless crying at night.

Soon, Crystal was at Yahaira's house.

A random girl came to open the door.

Not dressed very appropriately and was holding an alcoholic drink in her hand.

Crystal was so confused. Yahaira hated parties and drinking, so what was that girl doing in front of her best friend's door.

Crystal angrily shoved the girl out of her sight and stormed into the house only to find a big poster saying 'I NEVER LIKED HER ANYWAYS.'

Crystal turned to face her friend.

She wasn't drunk.

Crystal sat next to her and started begging her friend.

Asking her for forgiveness and explained everything that had happened in the last few days.

Yahaira looked at her swollen eyes and hugged her.

Crystal was filled with joy, turned to the poster, and asked her friend who they were talking about.

Yahairas smile faded, and her eyes filled with guilt.

"What is it?", Crystal said worriedly.

Crystal soon understood that it was about her.

"LMAO, she was just pretending. She told us all about your past and how she just wanted to shame a loser like you!", someone screamed.

Crystal stood up, hurt.

She held her head up and turned around to Yahaira.

"My past, huh?" Crystal started.

A tad annoyed at how Yahaira dared to talk about pasts she continued.

"NothingNothing is amusing about my past. Just because people shunned me for my complexion, doesn't make my past funny!", she screamed at her.

"I am not a loser. You are for bringing people down at their most hurtful, for being a fraud, for not being able to keep secrets. Bless you for showing me who I don't want to be."

Yahaira looked at her in regret.

All she managed was to whisper Crystal's name.

Yahaira was going to say something, but she stopped because of the boos and 'that's not cool Yahaira' from the audience.

"Stop!, you're not any better", Crystal yelled at them in frustration.

They all went silent.

Crystal stormed out.

Yahaira ran after her. "Wait!" Yahaira screamed after her.

Crystal turned around to face her, shrugging her arms with a cocked eyebrow.

Yahaira understood she didn't want to talk to her, so she went back into her house with her head hung low.

Crystal sighed and smiled to herself.

"I did it !", she muttered to herself.

Crystal entered the house with a content expression.

When she came into her room where she expected her sister to be sleeping -she was wide awake, putting notes on a big piece of paper.

Crystal didn't understand what her sister was up to.

She removed her shoes nimbly and sat next to her sister.

"What--", Crystal began but was suspended by her sister's hand signalling to her that she should be quiet.

Crystal didn't try to continue talking; she just sat down and observed over her sister's head.

She soon realised that LR was tracing people to find their mother.

Questions filled crystal mind with questioning, "I query what my mum is like..?", she said her thought aloud.

"Me too.", said LR with a sad expression on her face.

"Anyway, where did you go to?", LR questioned curiously.

Once again, Crystal eyes started to well up with tears. Didn't know that what Crystal she had just experienced was strangely saddening. It was like sharp knives piercing into her soul.

She just put on a stern face and forgot that now she hadn't had any friends.

Yahaira was her only friend, and now she was gone.

"Hello?, said LR worriedly. She was waving her hand in front of her.

LR realised Crystal had just spaced out.

So she snapped in her face twice.

"Oh..., sorry", Crystal said.

LR asked her again where she went to and why she was so disconcerted.

Crystal described to her what had happened in a mix of emotions.

LR was very annoyed with what she had just uncovered.

She gave her sister a hug which seemed to last for forever.

While she was doing that, she thought of ways to pay back Yahaira for what she had done to her sister.