Bad Timing

Crystal was worried. Her chest was tight, and she could barely breathe.

What lie could she cook up to convince their mother that. That nothing shady was going on? The ambulance had arrived at Ms Smith's house telling us that LR wasn't in a severe condition, but she had passed out due to hyperventilation caused by a brutal panic attack.

"Why would she pass out?" Crystal thought.

Thoughts were racing in her mind.

Would LR still be willing to find their mother after this?

She didn't know. She was scared.

Ms Smith reached into the pockets of her cardigan and pulled out her smartphone. "Hello,...Yeah, I wanted to call to notify you that-."

Crystal quickly slapped the phone out of her hand.

"Please do not call anyone...please..." Crystal pleaded with a hint of desperation in her voice. She couldn't give up that easily.

Not now. Not ever.

The woman frowned her eyes. As if she was trying to read what was going on. Instead of replying, she turned around and never looked back.

Crystal grimaced. Now she knew for sure that Ms Smith knew something.

Crystal told Yahaira to go home. She wouldn't let her friend experience this tragedy with them, but instead of leaving, Yahaira just waited with her as the chilly air blew against their skins.