Queries All Around

LR went upstairs. She couldn't handle the thought of telling Timothy that she was leaving and didn't know for how long.

LR wiped her tears and went to sit on the guest bed.

Crystal had her bathrobe on with her hair folded into a bun on top of her head. With a purple toothbrush in her mouth, toothpaste dripping from it as she was humming Symphony by the switch.

Crystal loved being a Christian. She said it made her find meaning, but LR always thought it was a bit silly, but now all Crystal did was sing; she didn't pray or read the bible or anything. And weirdly, LR missed it -she could feel Crystal's faith fading due to the situation they were in.

LR's eyes misted up with tears.

While Crystal was busily humming her song, she heard quiet sniffs.

She knew instantly that it was LR. LR was crying ever since they decided to meet their dad. It was her idea, but Crystal knew LR wasn't sure how she would leave Timothy. Crystal cringed. She didn't like people in love.

Like she never had a crush. Ever. In her whole lifetime. And when she thought she did, it ended within a week. Crystal removed the towel on her hair and sorted her afro into two French braids.

She decided to wear a long flowery skirt with a small cropped jacket.

She quickly knelt to say her daily prayers.

When she finished, she heard someone say Amen. Jeremiah.

"You missed the part where you mention forgiveness."

Crystal frowned, confused. Why would an atheist tell her how to pray.

" The part where you say, forgive me my sin, for I have forgiven those who have sinned against me.", he continued.

"Oh. Yeah, thank you."

"No worries."

Crystal knew it was stupid to ask, but she continued the conversation.

"Are you Christian by chance?"

"Duh."

"Oh, okay."

"Erm... okay, I'll go now.", Crystal said awkwardly.

"Sure."

"Okay."

As she turned around disappointed, he didn't want to talk to her, he smiled and whispered, "cute".