Smiling Pain

Crystal tapped LR on the shoulder. No response.

Not even one movement.

Crystal hit her more and more aggressively each time.

She wanted her sister to wake up.

"Bruh, stop, can't a lady rest in peace," LR said tiredly.

Crystal giggled and cried at the same time.

She couldn't endure ever lose her sister in her lifetime. She needed her.

LR stretched out her hand to feel a soft bed.

She quickly realised she wasn't in her bed-Panick.

"What is this?" Lucy Rose asked grumpily.

Crystal looked at her sister as if she had something on her face.

"Not our house, duh", she replied, rolling her eyes at her.

LR didn't have the fortitude to ask why they were even in another person's house. LR grabbed two strains of her curly hair and used it to cover her face. She remembered what had happened.

Slowly she sat down back at the bed and asked Crystal what they would do now. She didn't know her sister nearly got killed, but she had figured out that her mother was probably there if she was in the hospital.

"Nothing, we will stay here until the situation calms down.", Crystal said.

"I think that is a good idea -I do not mind company.", a deepish voice said.

Both of the girls turned to face him.

He coughed as though to show that he was feeling somewhat awkward.

The girls looked away.

Lucy Rose stood up from her bed as if all of her tiredness had left in one go.

"Excuse us for a moment", she told Timothy.

She dragged her sister out of the guest room and out unto the hallway.

"Crystal...we can't stay here.", LR said to Crystal.

"Why not?" her sister asked.

"Because it's Timothy !" Lucy Rose said in a powerful hush.

"And?!" Crystal slowly got annoyed.

Since when did her sister bother about what anyone thought?

She has never cared, and Timothy-Even though he was healthy and tall, he wasn't the type of person to feel intimidated by.

"He looks like an enormous softie.", Crystal deemed.

Crystal just patted her sister's shoulder and went back into the visitor room.

LR sighed and went back in.

Lucy Rose was just embarrassed because she hugged him, and it wasn't because it was a boy it was because she hugged someone outside her family.

She had always assumed that affection would make her cringe.

Crystal sighed when she entered the room; she thanked Timothy for letting them stay and begged him not to tell her sister what had happened in the hospital.

Timothy looked as if he couldn't keep it but just smiled and reassured her that he would keep his mouth sealed.