LR's Father

Lucy Rose heard when Crystal locked the door, and she also knew that she was mad at her, but she couldn't be bothered. Her sister had a habit of being jealous, but now all LR wanted was to chat with her parent; Crystal got the opportunity that evening to get her chance this afternoon. Crystal could wait.

LR followed her mother into her guest room and sat on a coffee-coloured chair that she seemed to have painted flowers on. LR had just realised that her mother had painted in a house that wasn't hers.

She couldn't help but simper that her mother also liked to draw anywhere at any time.

Her mother was looking at her the same way. It was like they could see each other's thoughts.

Crystal nervously rubbed her feet on the carpeted floor.

She was nibbling her lower lip, and she just wanted someone to start the discussion. Her mother had seemed to realise how high-strung her daughter was.

"My sister-I don't know what she told you her name was -but I know her as Matilda Smith.", Ms Smith said, smiling.

It made Lucy Rose churn uncomfortably in her seat.

"I know you don't love her-You. You always call your mom a witch.", her mother continued.

"When I was young, about your age, I fell in love with a man called Jayden."

"He was a lovely young man. He feared God. He'd always want to do everything right.", Sapphire breathed.

"He demanded if we got together, our parents would have to know, and I didn't think it'd be a predicament. But less did I know my parents hated dark skins.", she laughed achingly.

It was as if the words hurt her physically. LR had never once understood why people focus on judging people over everything. She believed that everyone should live their lives the way they want as long as they don't harm anyone around them.

Her mother continued, "So we introduced ourselves to our parents, and his parents loved and cared for me while my parent's treated him like trash." "He would always say love is the greatest of all."

"We got married and had you and Crystal, but two years after both of you were born, you were three and Crystal was 2."

Ms Smith was grabbing her head forcefully now. As if she was going to rip out all her hair in a moment.

"They asked me to take a kid and him to take one, that I was going back to the UK, that's why Crystal has an intonation.", she was crying now.

LR knelt on the ground and held her mother in her arms.

It was slightly uncomfortable for LR, but she hated seeing people grieve painfully. It felt like a blade goes through her heart.

LR decided she would give her mother freedom to sort things out-She didn't want her to break down again.