The Two Lonely Boys

Timothy and Jeremiah never left the front door since the girls left.

Timothy just sighed and then smiled. He knew that whatever would happen, LR would find her way back to him. But even though he knew this, he was still scared; he couldn't get himself to leave the front porch.

Trying to stop himself from getting upset again, Timothy looked over to Jeremiah.

He looked beat down, all his macho act disappeared, and now he just looked like a wounded puppy.

Timothy didn't know how to comfort boys like him; he was aware that most of them hid their feelings and because society wants them to stay strong, seeing a boy cry is a rare sight.

He knew if he said something to Jeremiah, he might start crying again.

Timothy sighed and went inside to get some sleep.

Sleeping for Timothy meant distressing.

At that moment, he couldn't bear to think or do anything.

Crystal and LR

Crystal just stared out of the trains' small tainted windows, listening to Somebody by Lewis Capaldi. At the same time, her sister was sleeping with her mouth wide open.

Crystal giggled, and just as quick as the happiness came, it left.

She wanted to cry again, but her eyes were puffy, and she'd already used up all her tears.

*dINDIRUNDU, IS ITTT MEEE YOU'RE LOOKING FOOOORRRR."

LR's phone went off.

"Pisst,pisst, LR, your phone is ringing...like really loudly.", Crystal whispered, embarrassed of her sister's ringtone.

After what seemed for ages, LR woke up...with tears in her eyes, Crystal noticed.

LR took the phone to her ear.

"Hello? Her voice broke.

Crystal took the phone out of her sister's hand and put it on speaker.

Her sister didn't object. She just pouted.

After clearing her throat, LR repeated, "Hello."

"Hello", a broken voice replied.

Timothy.

She already missed his blue eyes and chestnut hair and his dimple, and his personality. LR went on and on about the things she missed.

They just stayed silent.

"LR?" Timothy asked.

"Hmm?"

"I love you.", he said in a tired voice.

"Timothy?" she asked him.

"Hm?"

"I love you too.", LR said, wondering how she never thought she would say it.

"I know", he replied; she could hear the smile in his voice as he drifted off.

Meanwhile, Crystal stared at her phone, waiting for it to ring too.