Chapter 13

TW for talk of ab//se, mild anxiety

Kazuichi: hey im coming over now!

Hamster man :]: ah, ok, I'll see you soon mortal

Kazuichi almost ran out of the house. He grinned and spun around, flipping it off until he saw a slightly upset looking woman with her children. He gave her an apologetic look and then ran off down the street. Soon enough, his feet started to hurt, but he didn't stop running.

He was free. For a week at least. For just a week, but... but he was free! He almost reached the forest when he suddenly noticed the painful tightness in his chest and stopped to gasp for air. His hurt his throat to breath but he didn't care. He was too relieved to care. Kazuichi finished his trek to the forest and looked around himself. It only then occurred to to him that it had been dark when he'd been taken to Gundham's, and he had no idea how to get there during the day. Should I... wait until night? No, that would be dumb. Maybe I could-

"Mortal?"

"Oh you're here!" Kazuichi spun around in surprise to see Gundham slowly approaching him.

"I realised you probably would've forgotten where I live, so I am here to guide you," the breeder smiled triumphantly.

Kazuichi grinned back awkwardly. Gundham's confidence is... cute... wait NO NO! I don't like him. He's not cute. Stop it. He mentally slapped himself. Gundham didn't seem to noticed his mental discourse and beckoned for him to come.

"You ok?" Kazuichi asked as he caught up with the taller boy.

"I'd suppose so," Gundham replied. "And you?"

"I mean... yeah," Kazuichi smiled. "I'm free, and I'm with you so..."

"I emphasise your mood?"

"I mean friends make me happy-"

"You seem a lot happier than normal."

"I- but- yeah of course I am, my dad's out."

"... I'll take that for an answer."

They wandered along in silence, which was awkward to Kazuichi, but Gundham didn't seem to notice. The only noise was the sound of their footsteps and the birds chirping and flying between trees. Suddenly, Gundham stopped and put out his arm. Kazuichi froze.

"Mortal do not speak," the breeder whispered. "I see the fawn. I'm going to go get it, ok? Stay here and stay safe. And do not walk or move or talk, any suddenly noise or movement will spook it." Kazuichi blinked understandingly.

Gundham straightened up slowly and pulled a handful of pellets out of a pocket. Kazuichi still couldn't see the baby deer but trusted Gundham enough to listen. The tall man crouched a little and slowly, almost silently, moved forwards, hand full of pellets outstretched in front of him.

Suddenly Kazuichi noticed it. The fawn was tiny compared to the bigger deer, the size of a Labrador and spindly like a greyhound. The deer noticed Gundham and looked up, breathing fast and in panic. Gundham halted. It was silent.

The fawn stared at him and then noticed the food. It waited a few minutes, and then it cautiously walked over.

Gundham scattered a few pellets on the ground. The deer was still, and then warily bent down to eat them. Gundham waited until it started eat the food from his hand, then slowly stood up and began walking away, food in hand. Kazuichi stared as the other man walked out the forest, the deer following him a few feet away.