Chapter Ten- Between The Lines

Dedication to TabithaRemetta for being the first to vote and comment on the last chapter!

Note!!!!! Play video as soon as you begin to read chapter! The voice is of Katie Stevens who I have casted as Cat! I figured it would be perfect to get the actual person as the character to be as the voice! Perfect right?! Song is.... Between The Lines by Sara Bareillies.

YOU CAN PLAY THE SOMG BEFORE YOU READ SINCE ITS A LITTLE FAST TO READ WHAT I HAVE IN BETWEEN LYRICS!

********Restricted 18+ *********

Unedited.

Chapter Ten

(Cats POV)

I told the stage director I wanted the pianist to play instead of some music from the speakers. I took a breathe, relaxing myself. I imagined being in a room by myself. No one else existed, I was alone...like I like to be.

***(Play song now)*** wait for her to sing then start reading again.

"Time to tell me the truth
To burden your mouth for what you say
No pieces of paper in the way
Cause I can't continue pretending to choose
These opposite sides on which we fall
The loving you laters if at all
No right minds could wrong be, this many times..."

I felt all eyes on me, they dug into me like a vampire with fangs into someone's neck.

"My memory is cruel
I'm queen of attention to details
Defending intentions if he fails
Until now, he told me her name
It sounded familiar in a way
I could have sworn I'd heard him say it ten thousand times,
If only I had been listening..." I continued to sing, ignoring everyone's stares.

"Leave unsaid unspoken
Eyes wide shut unopened
You and me
Always between the lines
Between the lines."

My eyes meet a pair of lighting blues across the stage. His eyes so intense I felt my skin warm. My body hummed to him, like any of my victims would have me. Never have I hummed to anyone before.

"I thought I thought I was ready to bleed
That we'd move from the shadows on the wall
And stand in the center of it all
Too late two choices to stay or to leave."

My glaze never left Ryan's as I sung so full with heart I thought it would fly away.

"Mine was so easy to uncover
He'd already left with the other
So I've learned to listen through silence."

I closed my eyes, breaking mine an Ryan's stares.

"Leave unsaid unspoken
Eyes wide shut unopened
You and me always be
You and me always be..." I sung my lungs taking in air before if sang more.

"I tell myself all the words he surely meant to say
I'll talk until the conversation doesn't stay on
Wait for me I'm almost ready
When he meant let go."

My eyes locked with Ryan's once more.

"Leave unsaid unspoken
Eyes wide shut unopened
You and me
Always be
You and me
Always between the lines" I finished the song, repeating the last line a few more times.

I took huge gasps as I walked off the stage. Making my way back to my seat. Ryan said nothing but stared at me with awe and wonder in his eyes. Kathy handed me a glass of water, sending me a wink.

"That was..." Ryan trailed off.

"I know." I smirked at him, taking another drink of my water, sighing.

I wanted this to be short since there's a video involved. Hope you enjoyed this chapter!

I know I didn't pick anyone's suggestions of what Cat should sing but I hope this chapter makes up for it!!!!

VOTE! COMMENT! SHARE!