Chapter 8 {Try Not To Simp For Sakura Ogami}

THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS SPOILERS FOR DANGANRONPA TRIGGER HAPPY HAVOC CHAPTER 4!

Before the killing school life

You were practicing martial arts outside on an open field. While doing something risky, your foot slipped and you fell right over.

You

"Damn it!"

You've sprained your ankle.

You

I knew that this wasn't for me... I should try something else.

You were on your journey to find an ultimate title so you could enter Hope's Peak.

You

How will I get up? My foot's busted...

You spent almost 30 minutes trying to get up, but whatever you did your foot just felt worse.

You

Is it broken?

You sighed in frustration and laid on the grass.

You

Guess I'll have to stay here until someone finds me.

Hours passed by, they felt like days. You passed time by playing around with the grass you laid on and basically just looking at your swollen foot.

???

"What are you doing here? This is a dangerous spot. It's filled with traps... Set up by me."

Said a rather muscular tan woman, wearing a sailor uniform.

You

So I didn't just slip? It was a trap?

???

"I set them up earlier to challenge myself."

You

"If you're the one who set them up, then you already know how to avoid the traps!"

???

"Not exactly... It's complicated."

You

"Oh... Alright."

???

"Well... Are you going to move?"

You

"Uh... You see, my ankle's kinda messed up at the moment so... I'm sorry but I can't move."

Without hesitation, the muscular woman picked you up quite easily and asked you where you lived.

You

"Thank you..."

???

"No problem. I just want to know what you were doing on that field."

You

"Oh- No- It's really embarrassing." 

You started fidgeting with your fingers and avoided making eye contact with her.

???

"I see. If you don't want to share, it's alright. I'll get going now."

You

"I was..."

The woman stopped walking away.

You

"Uh, you know that school called Hope's Peak?"

???

"Yes. I go there."

You

"Woah! You do?!"

???

"That's correct."

You

"That's awesome! Uh- I'm sorry... Where was I?... Right... I'm trying to get better at martial art so I can get the Ultimate Title, The Ultimate Martial Artist! How does it sound? Y/N, The Ultimate Martial Artist?"

???

"Y/N? You have such a nice name."

You

"Seriously?!"

Sakura

"I'm sorry. You're disappointed, aren't you."

You

"No! It's not like that at all! You're the Ultimate Martial Artist?! You're awesome! Please, teach me how to get better!"

Sakura

"You want me to... Teach you?"

You

"Hell yeah!"

Sakura smiled, then shook her head.

Sakura

"Before I do, you've gotta recover. That ankle injury will take some time to heal. I can give you my number so we can contact each other."

Sakura knocked on your door, and your father jumped, frightened.

Father

"H-Hey! Give me back my child at once! Let them goooooo!"

You

"Dad, this is a friend. Her name is Sakura."

Father

"That's a girl?"

You

"Dad!"

Father

"O-Oh! I'm sorry!"

You explained to your father why you had been gone for so long, and told him how Sakura helped you out.

Father

"Ah, I see... Thank you very much. I apologize for my behaviour."

Sakura

"I'm happy to help. I've gotta get going now, but I'll see you around, Y/N." 

During the killing school life

You

"Sakura! Over here!"

Sakura walked over to your table in the dining hall and sat down.

You

"Sakura? You're awfully quiet today."

Sakura

"I apologize."

You

"Oh... I think I know what's going on."

Sakura turned her head toward you.

You

"It's because of what Monokuma said, isn't that right?"

Sakura

"Everybody hates me because I'm the traitor. Do you hate me because I'm the traitor?"

You

"Wh- Of course not! You're my best friend!"

Sakura smiled. Hina and you were the only people who continued to put their trust in Sakura. What you saw the next day was something you rather... Didn't want to see.

Yes, it is what you think it is.