Chapter 14 {Try Not To Simp For Makoto Naegi}

Before the killing school life

You

Wow... What a kind boy.

You saw the boy release the lost crane.

You

"Hey, what you did back there was very kind. I couldn't do that, even if I wanted to."

???

"O-Oh, thank you... And, how come?"

You

"If I saw the crane, I'd probably scare it or get angry and probably kill it... Sorry! That became really dark."

Because of your manner of speaking of death, slaughter, and all that, you weren't able to make friends effortlessly. They'd get weirded out by you.

???

"Okay but... You'd kill it?" Do they get angry that easily?

You

"Yeah... Sorry, you probably don't wanna talk to a creep like me."

You held back your tears from dropping and began walking away with your journals in your arms.

???

"You're not a creep!"

He held you back from walking away.

You

He doesn't... Think I'm a creep?

???

"Sure, you talking about killing the crane was a bit scary... But you're not a creep. Not in my eyes, at least."

It was the first time you'd heard someone say that to you. Regularly, all that you hear all day is "You're so eerie!" "Creep!" "You shouldn't hang out with them... They talk about ominous stuff." But this time, what you heard was: "You're not a creep." This made you considerably relieved.

You

"Oh... Thank you."

The halls soon cleared, and the teacher watching the halls saw you two.

Teacher

"Makoto, Y/N, you should really get to class. You're late."

You

"O-Oh you're right... I'll get going now." Makoto... Makoto is his name.

Makoto

Y/N sounds like a really friendly name...

During the killing school life

Makoto

"Wait... I know you! You're... You're Y/N! I never got to know your last name, though."

You

"Y-You remember me?! Wh-Why?!"

Makoto

"Is it a bad thing?"

You

"N-No, it's just that... Nobody remembers me. How could you tell it was me? I haven't changed?"

Makoto

"Sure your hair is a bit different now, but I still recognize your face."

You

"You do?"

Makoto

"Yeah!"

You

"Does that mean you remember the conversation about me talking about killing the crane?"

Makoto

"Well- Yeah, but-"

You

"Please try your best to forget it! I should've never said a damn word about it!"

Makoto shook back, frightened by your abrupt yelling.

You

"S-Sorry... You know, it's better if we don't talk."

You got anxious, and couldn't restrain yourself from speaking what you said. Things just came out because you were stressed and sore.

Makoto

"No, it's okay!"

Again, Makoto held you back from walking away.

He was the only one that would endure the way you behaved and conceded it.

You

"Why are you like this?"

Makoto

"Eh? Why am I like... Like what?"

You

"I'm a creep. I talk about weird things. N-Not in that way... But, still. I say rude and mean things. Why do you want to talk to me?"

Makoto

"I think I know how it works... You can't control yourself, can you."

You

"S-So what if I can't?"

Makoto

"I understand. It's not your fault that you can't control your actions and words. So if you say anything mean to me, I'll simply treat it like a normal thing that anyone would say."

Makoto actually succeeded to put a smile on your face.

You

"So... If I tell you something that really offends you, you won't be mad? You won't get upset?"

Makoto

"Of course not. At least I'll try to."

Makoto was able to deliver out a "new" you. You discovered how to control your words, but sometimes the unplanned allusion of gore would come out.