Idea 15? Hopeless romantic

Hopeless

Holy conoloy- did I put on my weighted blanket last night, it feels like a grown-ass dog laying on my lungs.

It's oddly comfortable, but and my asthmatic self needs to breathe.

I grab the man- man... Enzo.

"Get off of me you big Sasquatch." I wheeze, needing either my inhaler or to get this dude on the floor.

I pick him up and lay him on the floor and try and catch my breath. I lay my feet on his stomach and bounce on him a few times. As air eventually inflates my lungs. I start rubbing my feet over his shirt - where his heart is - and shout "Clear!"

But before I'm able to jump on top of him, he grabs my ankles in a swift motion, I let out a battle cry, as I'm pulling my feet away from him. He opens his mouth and before I can kick him in his nose he bites my toe-

"Eww, kinky." I revolt

"What! Kinky-" He throws my feet into the coffee table.

He groans out a laugh as he sees his position on my rug.

I'm rubbing the side of my foot.

"What time did you even get here?" I ask standing up and picking up the random paper plates I left out before walking into my small kitchen.

"I don't know, four? " He sighs and lays back down on the couch.
"Why were you sleeping on the couch anyway? It's my nest you know."

"Um, because it's my apartment. " I state the obvious.

He hums in response.

I open my blackout curtains then walk to my bedroom, I don't bother shutting the door, he never comes in and he knows I have a bat in here.
Plus if he came in here at four, like he says he only had two hours of sleep. So he most likely is already asleep.

I grab some work clothes and throw up a cute half dutch braid and two hooped earrings.

I walk into the kitchen and fling two bagels in my oven and turn on the broiler pouring a cup of sweet tea in a to-go mug. I just cream cheese and jelly mine and put toasted cheese, ham, bacon, and tomatoes on Enzo's and walk over to my couch after turning off the broiler setting Enzo's hot food on his chest and put a cup of coffee with cream and sugar on the coffee table. I grab my purse and keys and look back at Enzo as he sits up.

I give him a small smile and say " more food on top of the fridge, I think I have mayo. I'll be back around nine. Love you!" I shut the door behind me, locking it before dashing to the elevator before my neighbors try and talk to me.

Getting into my office building I waddle around to the cafeteria in my new heeled boots, adorable but painfully, and grab a peach and a brownie and head into the cubical area.

I'm lucky enough to have an office no matter how small, it's a joint one attached to my boss's, though we have different entrances."

Most of my wall is glass with a wooden door- don't get me started on this design- I sit in my swivel chair and start up my computer logging into outlook.

•°•

I walk into the pub that my office manager, boss, and boss's wife already are in waiting on the rest of the group. I silently bow to greet people and stand there with my coat in my hands.

Luckily I see rosa walk into the building as I let out a sigh of relief from my chest. But remember I'm here I grab that relief and stuff it back down as She waves with a bright smile and perfect hair as she greets the staff by name.