Idea 22 The hunted

The Hunted

Frick. Frickfrickfrickfrick frick.

"HAy mom I need you to come to pick me up- AGHHHHHHHH!

I'm hyperventilating I can't breathe.

I ran as far as my legs would carry me. Is it far enough?

" mom please pick up your bloody phone! I'm in a corner store called 'Bart's beer and pizza' it's near Taylor and Rye but I don't know exactly."

I leave another voice mail.

My words in my head don't make sense to me, everything feels fuzzy.

The scene keeps playing. and playing over and over again in my head. My eyes blur and I fall on the freezer's door that I happened to be by.

I hear from the front of the store. Voices, they're talking about the news. Maybe it will get my mind off of what just happened. Yeah. That's what  I need to do.

"Turn it up, I want to hear this."

And suddenly tonight's news starts filling the store's walls.

"A Dragon has been let out of downtown Yokoreo Zoo. There are currently hunters after it but please stay in your homes and off the streets tonight. A special those of us that live downtown."

"W-we aren't that far from there." A scared woman's voice squeaks out.

"Yeah, let's go." A man says.

"EVERYBODY OUT IM CLOSING THE STORE!" Another man yells.

I pick my shaking body from off the ground by the freezers.

Am I in shock?

My beveled eyes shake in and out of focus.

I walk outside the store and hear almost nothing but wind passing and in between apartment buildings and smaller stores. But then it hits me. The sound of a helicopter's blades slicing the air and 20 footmen running along the roofs. Abruptly a dark animal swoops over the buildings screeching its loud cry as Fire dances in the air.

I can't help it.

I scream in terror.  I cant. I cant. I bloody fucking cant.

My ears ring and my heart burns in my chest.

And suddenly im not screaming. I'm vomiting the crapy dinner I had from this shitty first date.

The loud helicopter zooms past shortly after.

I sit on the sidewalk in my nicest dress, makeup running down my face and the image of the dragon ripping my date's head off fresh on my mind. His limp body falling and shattering like china,  bones scattered like the shards of glass blood covering the ways

I sit next to my vomit that is washing down the storm drain, my broken heels beside me, and tattered feet on Taylor Av.

The dragon screams again the blazing roar muting after they muzzle it.

"Hey." A voice seeks into the night, to nobody in particular... Me.

I turn my head to the man.

"Do you need a ride home?"

A hunter im assuming. His hair is short and straight his muscular body in a tight raven tee shirt with a gun in plain moonlight on his hip.

He takes a seat next to my broken self.

"Are you Miss Robin?"  He asks but he knows that already.  he's a hunter.

"Yes." My throat burned.

"I'm Jasper. Just so you know we are grateful that you reported the drake to the authorities."

I nod.

"I'm sorry for your loss."

"I barely knew him. It was our first date you know." I wipe the tears that flow from my eyes.

" Was that the first death you witnessed?"

I nod.

He doesn't say anything for a while, he just lets me cry in the darkness of the city i once loved.

"They just got the dragon in restraints. He'll be tagged and put in a facility."

He says to me be before saying something to his earpiece in a different language.

His car pulls up and he opens its driver-side door.

I stand up and promptly sit in the backseat.

As I softly recite my address.

The Hunted

5 years later

A

fter that night North Star City was a shell of what it used to be. Dragons often flew through the city with reckless abandonment, but nobody could leave, we were trapped and treated as lab rats within the city walls.

Two years ago a new president became of The Hunter's union, and slowly but surely the confinements us humans were given, stood much geater then they used to be. 

Nothing was perfect though, most of us that still lived in North Stare will never be the same. Most of our families died, and a whole lot more families ran. The thing about running as a human means your no longer under your rights, your no less then the dogs that roam looking for shlter in a disaster