{part one | chapter one}

~time: avengers 1~

🥀🥀🥀

Lilith Stark's best friend was her father. It was obvious why.

They both loved cheese burgers and learning and sarcasm and creating things. Most importantly, though, they loved helping people. That's how they got dragged into this mess in the first place, wasn't it? It was their fatal flaw: caring too much.

Lilith was reading when this whole ordeal started.

"Lilith," the girl snapped her head up from the book she was reading. Tony continued, "Hurry up, get dressed. We're getting called in, kiddo."

Despite the obvious urgency and worry in his voice, Lilith's eyes widened with excitement. She had been waiting most of her life to be a super hero, and now she was finally getting to do it. She moved quickly around her bedroom, pulling clothes out of drawers and creating a mess. She looked at her dad, who was still standing in her doorway, staring at his watch.

"Get out?"

"Right, right. Ten minutes." He shut the door and Lilith got ready, settling on a white sweater and jeans with her usual, beat up, white high-tops. She ran a hand through her long, brown, waves and sighed. Gathering up the waist-length mass as best she could, she fastened the ponytail with an elastic and rushed to gather her notes onto a clipboard before reaching the elevator where her dad was waiting for her.

"That was eleven minutes, by the way. And you don't have your glasses."

"Shit." He handed his daughter her big clear frames before she followed him into the elevator.

The flight from the tower to SHEILD's helicarrier went by quickly, as things normally do when something is exciting. Lilith fiddled absentmindedly with the pendant on her necklace as she stepped out of the aircraft and onto the helicarrier. She glanced around, looking for a familiar face as her dad left in the helicopter.

"You look lost, Flower." The girl turned towards the familiar voice. Natasha.

"Nat!" Lilith exclaimed as she walked towards her red-headed friend and embraced her tightly.

"I missed you, Lils."

"I missed you more," The younger girl said with a smile as they pulled away from the hug. Natasha and Lilith had met two years ago when Nat had come to supervise her father's actions for SHEILD and they became fast friends. Lilith had admired and looked up to Natasha ever since.

"I missed you most, Flower," Nat said with a smirk, "Come on, let's go meet the boys."

The pair walked towards the small aircraft that Agent Phil Coulson was exiting with a tall, muscular, blonde man.

"Agent Romanoff, Dr. Stark. This is Captain Rogers."

"Ma'am," The blonde nodded at Nat before turning towards Lilith, "Doctor."

"Hi," Nat greeted him before turning back to Phil, "they need you on the bridge, they're starting the face trace."

Agent Coulson nodded and said a quick goodbye before walking away.

Lilith stuck her hand out towards Captain Rogers for him to shake it, "Dr.Lilith Stark, sir. Pleasure to meet you." He took her hand and returned the greeting.