Part 30: Questions of Our Life

I jolted up out of my sleep, breathing heavily.

A hand rested on my leg and I saw those same set of veins I adored so much.

"Levi," I whispered and turned to my side.

He drummed his fingers up to my thigh, looking over the features of my face, "Hey."

I saw I was in the clothing room on a mini sofa. No one was here but us two.

Levi stood from his squat on the floor and cupped my face in his hands, making me look up at him, "How are you feeling? Need some water?"

"No," I mumbled and placed my head to his chest.

He petted my hair, already knowing what's going on through my mind, "You did amazing baby. You went out there without fear."

I held back my tears as he kneeled down between my legs, holding my hands, "Your past self would be so proud of the you that you are now. Your sister would be too."

My eyes started to feel sour. She would..?

Levi smiled, "If you cry, I'll spank you."

I rolled my eyes, "Whatever."

He stood and rolled up his sleeves. His veins traveled all the way up his forearms. I loved it.

"I mean it. Try me. Go ahead," he threatened.

I rolled my eyes, starting to fake cry, and in an instant, he threw me over his shoulder, slapping my rear.

"Ow! You ain't have to do it that hard!"

He rubbed my bottom, wanting to eat me alive, "What? You thought I meant the friendly taps?"

I giggled, then thought for a good moment, "Wait, if you're not out there playin' guitar...who is?"

He smiled, "Milo."

* * *

Eight months later, and we were on television. Some line of entertainment called Hylin's Show, in which a tall, female red-haired host often interviewed the top rising stars in the country.

"Hi everyone," Hylin announced, "We have with us today Levi and Amora from Unseeing!"

The crowd clapped as they roared and I smiled, sitting on the couch beside Levi.

Hylin, from in front of us both, continued on when the audience got quiet again, "So I hear you two have been together for quite some time now."

Levi nodded and rested his arm behind me on the neck of the couch, "Yeah...she's amazing really. Never fails to inspire me. I always feel like I'm falling in all over again every time I lay eyes on her."

Some of the audience awed.

I played with my fingers, giggling to myself, "He's the best man I could ever ask for."

Hylin placed a hand to her heart, "It just really excites me to see young people like yourselves have tight-knit relationships. What would you say to those younger men and women who give up hope for finding a right match?"

Levi began to answer as I did and he laughed, "You can go ahead."

I nodded, a bit embarrassed, "Well I'd just say to not worry about finding anyone. I didn't come looking for Levi, y'know? The world just brought us together..."

I felt myself choke up and he moved closer to me, holding my hand.

"I had hit a pretty dark pit in my life after I lost my sister, and he never once made it worse for me. He was kind, patient...and he introduced me to my dream. We have ups and downs, but that's what being together is about..."