Memento Mori

Authors note; Im not referring to my characters as fucking serial numbers.

Everyone clutched their weapons, in all but refuge and respite seeking shelter from the light of the Gate. Colonel Miller clutched his whistle his gas mask was off to be able to blow the whistle, he checked his pocket watch for the time. One minute. A whistle blew. Instead of a furious battle cry from the Kriegsmen, it was instead silent thumping of their boots clicking against the pavement. The infantry was the first into the Gate, running with their rifles at their side getting as much speed as they could. Heavy weapons teams followed behind them with Heavy Stubbers and Bolters weighing them down but they were still quick. It took half an hour just to get all the infantry through the gate. Thousands if not ten's of thousands ran through the portal. Then came the Death Riders, thundering hooves and saber stroke galloping into the frey. Tanks, dozens of armored vehicles roared through the gate with un-parralled speed.

It took about an hour and a half to get the entire regiment through the gate and by that time the engineers were hard at work digging trenches around the hill. The scale of it was massive, The hill itself was starting to look like a fortress. Mechancius Tech Priest's started making concrete bunkers, motor pools, and supply caches. Soon the hill was about hollowed out instead of dirt, it was concrete tunnels, firing ports, and bunkers. Trenches were made masterfully, nothing was sloppy about them other than the mud. 

Death Riders galloped away from the hill, their purpose unknown to the average Guardsman. Then the Knight paladins rose. They had to be compacted to even get through the gate, their chain swords would be enough to Dwarf anything this world had to offer. This world isn't to strange enough to prevail against the Emperor's will. Or so the Kriegsmen thought. The first battalions of Kriegsmen were about to move out. Mechancius and Adminstratum scribes were looking at any resources around Alnus Hill to strip the utterly stupid inhabitants of this strange land of.

---

"My lord the Gate incident is a complete catastrophe I am sorry to report but more then fifty percent of the Imperial Army is destroyed, how do you intend to get us out of this precarious situation." Marquise Castel shouted.

"What's your plan, your majesty. Two days is all it took for their army to destroy ours and gain a foothold. I have never seen such sorcery in my life. We weren't even able to get close to them-"

Another voice shouted out as to interrupt him "Rebuild our army with their soldiers. We must fight even to the BITTER end."

"That would only make things worse!"

The emperor raised his hand as to silence the senate "Waiting for matters to worsen is not the answer, send out messagers' as far as their horses will carry them telling the allied kingdoms we need their aid taking Alnus hill and that we need them now!"

The senate erupted in thunderous applause. Marquise Castel stepped foward. "I fear that this battle will leave Alnus hill covered with Corpses." The Emperor smiled.

---

The marching of the allied kingdom through the valley was making a thunderous effect, A soldier rode up to King Duran and stopped as to give a report.

"My lord, we have spotted enemy scouts on the cliffs above us." The soldier sternly reports.

"Ahh let them be, they can't do anything to us at this range." Duran stated

But all of a sudden, Krieg Infantry started appearing at the side of each cliff. LasGuns, Heavy Stubbers and few Heavy Bolter crews set up. Then came a fateful order

"FIRE!"

The valley lit up, with Las Fire, Bolter and stubber rounds flying downwards to the enemy. They were utterly powerless. A majority either began to flee through the way they came or get out of the valley to attack the Guardsmen. But this attempt was in vein, for the Krieg Deathriders came riding in the same way the Allied kingdom soldiers were charging. Their is no point fighting anymore, most just laid down and died. Some fought to the bitter end, and some surrendered. But they didn't take any. Imperium of man took no prisoners of war much less Krieg. With that fell swoop, and little casualties from the Kriegsmen, The allied kingdoms armies were wiped out in one fell swoop.

The fleeing soldiers were allowed to flee for now, for their time was short. The Imperium of Man is coming to civilize these savages. 

"Seventy thousand dead." Staff Sergeant Tullin muffled voice stated

His statement was met with another muffled voice "Easy pickings, we just picked them up and knocked em down." He chuckled, he drew his Las Pistol and put a Las bolt in a wounded soldiers chest, it expanded then blew into him like a tomato hitting pavement.

---

"My lord, nearly sixty thousand of the allied kingdoms forces have died. Most are deserting or making their way back home with their officers dead."

The Emperor smiled, then a certain princess bursted into the throne room

Authors note; Glad you read the chapter even if you didn't like it.  Shameless plug; but my other stories have decent writing as well, I implore you to check them out and show support. Especially Over the Hills and Far away, and Steel and silver.