The Siege of Rondel

Authors note; Be sure to comment, like and follow. God I sound like a youtuber. But besides do you like the Pictures. Help you get more of a environment? This chapter should be longer than normal. its hard getting just to 1.5k words each chapter with one side of the story. Be sure to comment any Grammatical mistakes I made.

Callahan hopped out of the transport. The truck was covered in burn marks and blood splatters. Clutch must have been praying to the machine spirit awfully hard for this thing to even keep running. Some Tech Priests came over and began rubbing incense over the truck. Opening the hood off the truck. The started putting their metal fingers in the hot engine. Callahan could care less though. He got his men to get the box out the truck very carefully. But Captain Mcknight came running to him.

"Major, we thought you were going to die! What happened are you alright?" Mcknight shouted.

"Yes Captain, we are alright. But from the looks of things we took some casualties." He pointed towards a few of the squads that were operating a half strength.

"Well Major I'm glad the Emperor decided today wasn't your day." Her voice echoed in her gasmask

"Yeah I'm glad to." Callahan replied

Jenkins walked up to Callahan and clicked his heels to attention snapping a quick salute.

"Sir the box has been unloaded. Where do you want us to put it?" Jenkins asked.

"Just load it in my flyer" Dane casually walked up with a cup of Recaf in her hand.

Callahan nodded towards Jenkins. Giving him a nonverbal cue to do as she says. The Kriegsmen gave another salute and faced toward a group of Kriegsmen around the box. He rotated his index finger in the air as to get the men moving again. Dane had the appearance of a guardsmen. An unusual look for an Inquisitor. 

"Alright you heard the lady, lets get this moving." Jenkins commanded.

"I am pleased Major. Not only did you manage to get your men out alive with a record number of your men left. But you got our box. Your service record indicates that you aren't sucidal like most of the idiots back at your Alnus Hill fort. I like a man who isn't completely in-fucking-sane." Dane teased.

"Thank you Lord Interrogator. I try to get most of my men out alive. If I would be so bold as to ask what is in the box?" Callahan replied

Dane smiled. "If I told you I would have to kill you."

"Understood Milord. Anything else?" Callahan asked

"Nope not today Major 0245-2745-9456. Loosen up a bit Callahan, I may have need for you yet." Dane retorted.

Before Callahan could get in another word she turned around and lit a cigarette. Leaving Callahan with Captain Mcknight. Callahan wondered if this was going to help his career or not. But he chose to ignore it as a one time deal. Hopefully. He turned to Mcknight

"Order all Artillery Batteries to begin bombardment of the city, especially that god forsaken Magic Research District."

"Yes sir right away sir!" Mcknight said

A short few minutes later, booms rang out from the air. Their were different positions around the city with multiple batteries. With the promotion, Callahan got access to more than mortars. He got Basilisks, Howitzers and even a few Thudd gun. The city started lighting up with the screams of the enemy and the large explosions of artillery shells. Scores of men began to hunker down in their trenches and plan for the assault of the city. This was going to be their biggest fight yet.

 This was going to be their biggest fight yet