An Intense Vacation

Chapter Text

Harry, Liam, Zayn, Niall, and Louis were headed to a wonderful cottage getaway for the week. They were extremely excited to be getting away from all of the hype and the paparazzi and just spend some quality time together. They loaded up the van with some food, drinks, and gaming supplies and filed in with Zayn, Niall, and Liam in the back seat and Harry and Louis in the bucket seats. When everyone was ready, Paul started up the van, and they headed off in the direction of the cottage.

There was a great deal of excited chatter in the van, but Harry was becoming quieter and quieter. He had brought several bottles of water with him because he tends to get dehydrated easily. However, he had been absentmindedly sipping on one water bottle after another during the four-hour car ride, and everything was making its way to his bladder.

He had started to feel the twinge after they had been on the road for about an hour, but he didn't really think anything of it. He assumed that they would be making a pit stop halfway. However, when they passed the halfway point on the highway and drove right past the service station, Harry realized that the impatient Paul had no intention of stopping. Harry was not about to speak up and make Paul aware of his growing need to pee, so he decided that he would just need to hold it in until they reached the cottage.

This proved to be a much more difficult task than he had bargained for. He groaned inwardly when he realized that they still had two hours to go, but he figured that he could still make it without any issue. He was uncomfortable, but he had not yet reached the point of desperation. He decided to distract himself by becoming engaged in the twenty questions game that Louis had started. He was enjoying himself and soon forgot all about his need to pee, but Niall made him laugh so hard that he nearly lost control of his bladder. Feeling the brief, searing pain in his abdomen, he abruptly stopped laughing and clenched his muscles tightly.

Noticing Harry's wide eyes, Niall looked at him sideways. "You okay?"

Harry laughed nervously. "Yeah, fine. Just thought I had forgotten my toothbrush for a moment."

Really? he thought.Was that the best lie you could come up with? He just couldn't bear to let the others know that he was suddenly bursting from having to go to the bathroom. He had to keep it a secret. Niall didn't catch on that anything was out of the ordinary. He chuckled and then turned back to say something to Zayn.

With Niall looking away, Harry had the opportunity to squeeze himself to relieve the pain on his bladder. The relief was short-lived; Harry was becoming increasingly desperate. He moaned softly, but audibly, when he noticed that they were just entering the county where the cottage was located. They still had over an hour left to go. Harry was not sure if he would make it.

Hearing Harry's desperate moan, Louis looked over. "What's wrong, babe?"

Harry shook his head, cheeks burning. "Nothing, love," he muttered, turning to look out the window.

Louis frowned. It wasn't like Harry to be this distant. He reached over and gently laid his hand on Harry's shoulder. "Are you sure there's nothing bothering you?"

"I'm fine, Lou! Really!" He did his best to muster a fake smile. The worry in Louis' eyes briefly abated, knowing that Harry didn't appear to be angry with him, but he knew better than to assume that Harry was telling the truth.

Harry had turned to face the window again. Louis just decided to give Harry some space.

Harry put his headphones in and managed to fall asleep despite the ache in his abdomen. In the meantime, they other boys became sufficiently distracted, talking about what they would do when they got to the cottage.