Casting Problems

Work Text:

"Liam.."

Purring in sympathy at Liam's side on his couch, sat Zayn, rubbing Liam's casted arms. "Are you sure it doesn't hurt?"

"I'm fine, Zayn."

Liam caught Zayn's lips in a reassuring peck. "The hospital fixed me up well, didn't they?" He wiggled his fingers, staring at his two encased arms.

"Yeah, but.." Zayn looked worried. "Are there any things you can't do?"

Liam bit his lip, blushing slightly as the thought of actually going to the toilet crossed his mind, when the last time caused him to be dripping into his jeans; and he fidgeted. "No.. nothing."

" 'Kay. Coca Cola?" Zayn shrugged.

Liam nodded, watching as Zayn disappeared out of the room. Only then did he allow himself to wince. The tiniest seed of doubt settled in his mind. What if he did have to go?

Nah... that was silly. Even if Liam swore he felt the tiniest twinge from his bladder... he couldn't need to go. Not already--

"Here!"

Liam jumped as Zayn thrust the can toward him. He cracked the neck and sipped steadily; each cool gulp of liquid adding to the twinges creeping up in his bladder. Liam twitched ever so slightly as he sat. This wasn't good. This.. was not good.

"Wanta play Mario?" Zayn offered.
Liam blinked up at him. Anything to distract from his bladder..

"Sounds good, but um?"

Sheepishly, Liam held up both casted arms. A blush crept across his cheeks. Zayn just giggled. "Oh! Of course!"

Liam couldn't hold the remote properly!

Zayn hummed. "Here, um.. Cross your legs."

Gladly..

Liam sighed happily. He brought one leg in over the other and very nearly sighed in relief as the smallest of dull aches in his abdomen spluttered away.

They played tirelessly for only a short amount of time, Zayn mashing the buttons, Liam feebly poking each with his fingers. Still with that competitive streak - and Liam was winning.

"Ha!"

Liam's character shot to the goal.

Zayn huffed. "Not fair.." He rubbed his temples.

They sat in silence for a moment; one with an air of 'smug', the other defeat. Zayn's eyes suddenly widened.

"I have an idea!"

The silence of the situation brought Liam's bladder to the front of his mind all over again. His crossed legs tightened tiredly, and he pulled a face. Only masking it as he turned to Zayn. "What?"

"Drinking game. Loser has to drink."

Liam inwardly groaned. Of all the things to do, especially now..

He swallowed the worried lump forming in his throat. "Um.." Say no.. You can't do this..!

"Okay.."

There was a pitcher of water on the table. Liam glanced up to see the water sparkling in the glass and a shiver ran down his spine as his bladder jabbed harshly. No. He had to win.

He mashed the buttons harshly. His pulse quickened with nerves, and his bladder painfully contracted.

"A-ah.."