Through The Waters

Work Text:

"Harry . . . Harry . . . Hazza . . ." A gentle voice whispered in his ear, shaking his shoulder slightly. Harry groaned and turned over in the bed, reaching out for something to hold and grabbing a pillow. He felt a vibration on his back followed by a low chuckle, "C'mon baby, time to get up."

"'M tired," Harry mumbled into the pillow.

"It's your fault for staying up last night," Harry heard the voice of Louis say, but it sounded farther away this time so Harry assumed he moved.

"Hey," Harry whined quietly, starting to sit up, "I was three episodes away from finishing the first season of Glee," Harry argued as he sat up fully, stretching his arms over his head.

"C'mon love," Louis said as he reached for Harry's hand, "You need to shower and you still haven't cooked me breakfast," Louis teased to which he received a gentle smack on his side.

"Shut up."

Twenty minutes later, Harry was running around his shared flat with Louis with damp hair and only wearing a pair of unbuttoned skinny jeans. As he ran past the couch, Harry picked up his blue jumper. It didn't seem that dirty so he assumed it was safe to wear again. Therefore, Harry slipped it on as he speed walked into the kitchen.

"I thought you said we were leaving at eight!" Harry shouted as he picked up one of his boots that was in the kitchen before he slipped it on the corresponding foot.

"No, I said seven thirty," Louis said as he turned around, a waffle in one hand and his phone in the other, "Why aren't you dressed?" Louis shouted, "The car's going to be here in five minutes!"

"I know that!" Harry shouted back, "I thought I had another half hour!"

"Jesus Christ, Harry. Just finish getting dressed," Louis sighed before he turned back around. Harry huffed before he went to search for his other shoe. He ended up finding it in his bedroom which was odd since he's been sleeping in Louis' room for a while now.

Once Harry was properly dressed, he walked back into the kitchen only to find Louis not there. When he looked into the hallway he saw Louis putting on his jacket.

"Lou, I hadn't had breakfast," Harry whined as Louis handed him his coat.

"Just get a snack or something. The car's already here," Louis said before he exited through the door. Harry sighed before going into the kitchen. He reached for the first thing he saw which was the bag of popcorn he left on the counter yesterday from his Glee marathon. He then grabbed a bottle of water as well and left the flat.

When Harry got in the car, he was a bit upset that the only seat left was next to Louis. So when he sat down he made sure Louis knew he was upset by turning away from him and facing the window.

Harry heard Louis sigh before he heard him scoot over. Harry tried to scoot away but failed, "Harry, I'm sorry," Louis apologized, "I was just frustrated."

"Yeah, but you were still being harsh," Harry always knew he was sensitive and he thought Louis knew too.

"I'm sorry, baby," Louis said. Harry felt a pair of strong arms wrap around his waist before he felt Louis' chin on his shoulder, "Do you forgive me?"

"I was never really mad," Harry said as he turned his head to give Louis a kiss.

"Now eat, I don't want you becoming light headed," Louis ordered gently as he pointed to Harry's bag of popcorn. The two repositioned themselves so Harry was tucked under Louis' arm. Yes, Harry had to scoot down a bit for that to be possible but he was still comfortable. He was always comfortable when he was being held by Louis.