Chapter 21- Favorite Mistake

⚠WARNING⚠ Long chapter ahead

2 weeks later

Ashley POV

So me and Kayla haven't talked about what happened before the pep rally. We just been back on our same shit. After her dad turned himself in she started doing a lot of shit to keep herself busy. It was like she was tryna distract herself, she also stopped watching the news which i dont blame her for because all they keep showing is stuff about her dad and his trail.

We are currently in my bed cuddled up watching tv. My mom is back working like crazy so we're home alone. I honestly dont know what we are, but whatever it is im down for the ride. Bruh Kayla is amazing she's funny, sweet, innocent, feisty, and of course fine asf. I would have to be the craziest puta in the world to stop what we're doing.

All of sudden we hear the front door open clearly by someone who has a key. Kayla rolled off of me and we both just sat like nun happened. We honestly thought it was my mom until we heard..

" MI HIJA! PRINCESA! Im home!"

I shrieked at hearing my dad was home. I hopped outta the bed and basically ran to him. Kayla slowly walked down the stairs.

" Omg! Papa i thought you weren't coming home till later" I said as i hugged him and smiled

" Well i wanted to surprise you and your mother...shes not here right" he asked

I shook my head no. We were talking when Kayla cleared her throat.

" Oops my bad..papa this my friend Kayla. Shes always over here hanging out"

Kayla handed out her hand and they shook hands. We all headed to the living room, me and dad started catching up and kayla sat awkwardly on her phone.

" Hey Ashley im finna go. Have fun with your dad. And it was nice meeting you Mr.Rodriguez" With that she put her shoes on, grabbed her keys and left.

I lowkey felt bad for her. I prolly made her feel reall uncomfortable cause im chillin chillin with my dad.

Kayla POV

Ashley and her dad were catching up on the couch. They both looked super happy, it made me a lil jealous and hurt. I felt mad Awkward. And i didn't want my presence to mess up the energy in the room. I got an idea and hit up Dymond cause i got some explaining to do

Heyyy..whatcu been up to✨?

Umm after you left me high and dry my bestie went into labor so Ive been playing the auntie roll for the past month or so.

Yeaaa about that...you busy cause its easier to explain in words.

Umm im currently babysitting cause princess and Amirr went out but you are highly welcomed over.

Thanks for the offer but i think its best i stay away from that child, princess, and Amirr.

Why what's up🤔

Issa long ass story...will you be free later?

Yea gimmie a hour..i should be ready by then and they should be back for they baby by then

Ok...send my yo addy so i can pick u up later

Ok i will just dont try to kill me or sum lmao😭 but anyways i'll talk to you later cause my 'niece' just woke up

Ok I'll see u inna hour. Have fun babysitting✨ byeee

😂bye child

Since i only had an hour i needed to plan this all out and change my clothes PLUS Kayla and her dad was bonding and i had no business tryna hang out with them