CHAPTER THIRTY

Monday arrived and Chai was using her day off to go apartment-hunting with Shawn. Even though she didn't want to be anything more than friends, she didn't want to go hunting alone and Iona was too busy working to accompany her. The next best option was Shawn.

Chai was intrigued in the unit she was being shown. It had everything she needed—a master bedroom, full closet, a sizable living room and a fair kitchen. The location wasn't in the best neighborhood but it was decent and safe enough for a young woman such as herself.

"So what do you think?" The complex representative asked as they found themselves by the front door.

"I like it a lot," Chai said with an assuring smile, "I'd like to buy it."

The representative was happy to hear they'd be having a new resident, "that's great! Let me call the office so we can get the paperwork done and run the credit check."

Chai nodded as the representative left the apartment to call her associates. Shawn smirked as he noticed the excitement on Chai's face, "hype?"

"Of course! I'm buying a fucking condominium,"

Several months ago, Chai didn't even dream about being single, let alone buying property. She was happy and knew that things were looking up for her.

"All them checks paid off, huh?"

"These tips paid off. If I was just living off Kane's payroll, I wouldn't even be able to afford a damn studio apartment."

"Well, I'm happy for you. We should celebrate," Shawn suggested as he pulled her closer to him by her waist. He kissed on her neck as his hands moved down to her butt.

Chai grew aroused, "what are you suggesting?"

"Well let's get some food and then head back to my place so I can give you a proper congratulations,"

Shawn moved his face in front of hers as he started to kiss her passionately. Chai wrapped her arms around his neck as she kissed him back. Before things got too heated, the representative came in to confirm their trip to the office,

"Ok, they should be—oh!"

Shawn and Chai pulled away from each other as they looked at the agent who was stunned to see such PDA during the showing.

"Sorry, ready?" Chai asked as she tried to settle her sexual desires for Shawn.

The representative nodded as she led them out of the condo and downstairs to the office so they could begin the buying process.

        After the paperwork was finished, Chai and Shawn headed to the nearest restaurant which was a local soul food spot. Chai couldn't think much about food since she had a different type of appetite but she wanted to let Shawn treat her for her accomplishment.

"Hi y'all, just take a seat anywhere and I'll be right with you," the restaurant host said as she made her way to the back to grab a couple menus.

Shawn and Chai sat down in a booth that wasn't too far away from the entrance. Shawn waited for Chai to take her seat before taking his, "I'm starving."

"Yeah so am I," Chai said even though she knew he didn't know what she was talking about.

The host came back with the menus as well as their silverware, "a waitress will be right with you but can I start you guys off with some drinks?"

"I'll have a coke," Chai said as she started to browse through the menu.

"Sprite,"

She nodded and went to the back to get their drinks. Chai skimmed the menu and quickly decided on barbecue chicken with mac and cheese. Shawn opted for a "House Special" which was a full plate of fried chicken, collard greens, cornbread, rice along with mac and cheese. As they waited for the waitress to come back, they engaged in small talk: