CHAPTER THIRTY SIX

Chai thought her evening of torment would never end as she found herself hustling inside of the back of a Cadillac Escalade. She could barely move as her legs ached from the hours of being folded and pinned in positions that were only comfortable for her aggressor.
They had ended up leaving in the early hours of the morning when the Honey Lounge was preparing to close until the following night.

Chai was happy that Derek was more concerned with having his way with her than seeing Saint. If she were to be so lucky, Saint would've left for the night and she wouldn't have to worry about him and Derek crossing paths again.

  Derek snuggled himself in the back of the car and told the driver where to go. Chai tried to find a comfortable position as Derek's hand rested on her upper thigh. He licked his lips and eyed her exhausted body. He was hungry for more but decided to let her rest until they had got to the apartment.

Chai chewed on her lips as the driver pulled away from the curb. They were en route to the Honey Lounge and anxiety ate at Chai as she imagined all of the possibilities if Saint actually was at the lounge. Would he attack Derek and try to save her or would he respect her wishes and leave her alone so that peace would remain? The thoughts of the unknown made her heartbeat double in pace.

"Derek are you sure we have to go to lounge? You can just tell Kane the news over the phone and then send him the money or something," Chai desperately suggested.

Derek was emotionless as he occupied himself on his phone, "I said we going to the lounge."

Chai didn't protest. Derek took note of her silence and spoke on a conspiracy that wandered his mind,

"You don't want me to running into that nigga or something? Don't think I didn't see him at the lounge the other night."

A hard lump formed in Chai's throat.

"You fucked him or something?"

She didn't respond.

Derek squeezed Chai's thigh hard causing her to squeal at the discomfort of her skin being pierced between his large hands.

"No," she lied and assured him that her relationship with Saint was strictly platonic. Derek knew she was lying but didn't bother to fuss about it. She was back with him and he was going to make her regret ever leaving him.

"Alright so don't worry about going to lounge."

Derek removed his hand from her thigh and texted away on his phone. Chai took a sigh of relief and didn't dare to ask any more questions.

   Within twenty minutes they pulled up to the lounge that was deserted of it's usual crowd. It was currently three in the morning and the only people who should've been there were the employees and drunk stragglers who couldn't figure out how to get home. Chai took a deep breath as Derek began exiting the vehicle. Chai followed out the car as they walked into the lounge hand in hand.

Chai had only been out for a day and already she missed the place. Despite all the drama that happened at the lounge, it was the one place where she felt like she could be herself. No one knew what she had went through and no one suspected anything either. Maybe she was foolish to think she could run away from her reality. She was a victim who managed to slip out of her abusers hands. Her freedom was only temporary as long as Derek was alive.

   It didn't take long for her colleagues to recognize her. Most of them were shocked at how soon she had came back after her situation in the bathroom. Iona, who loitered the bar for a quick drink, instantly noticed her friend and ran over to see what was going on.

"Chai?" She walked over to the couple and took notice of the man standing next to her. Iona picked up on the heavy tension between the two and decided to keep the conversation short, "I thought you were on leave?"