6. masquarade dance

(pretend this is what violet and hawk are wearing)

‿︵‿︵ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ·❉· ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ‿︵‿︵

A COUPLE WEEKS WENT BY AND the dance was coming up very quickly. Violet had a beautiful dress picked out already.

Hawk was still giving Violet a hard time at school and her patience was surprisingly high, but it was nothing new since Violet was used to his insults.

Violet was taking out her dress from her closet and was inspecting the details on it. The dress was baby blue with glitter scattered everywhere, the off the shoulder look made her shoulder blades pop.

Her parents left early so Violet had to arrive at the dance alone, which made her anxiety spike since she hated being the center of attention.

Violet took in a deep breath and put on her dress. For once in a long time, she felt beautiful which was a feeling she rarely felt.

She grabbed her heels which were clear just like Cinderella then put them on her feet.

"You look beautiful Ms. Ocean." Violet turned her head to the voice that was behind her. She smiled at Martin the proceeded to look at herself in the mirror.

"Thanks, Martin, but I can't help but feel self conscious." Violet kept fiddling with the fabric near her waist.

"Darling, you look absolutely stunning. Don't dare to think for one moment you're not. Remember this is a masquerade dance. Have fun and dance with random people."

Violet smiled with more confidence in her body. Besides, the palace was huge, what are the chances she will run into Hawk?

Very low... or so she thought.

*❀❁❀*

Vioelt was practicing her breathing before she walked into the castle. Right now, she was in the limo with Martin.

The limo came to a stop and Violet's heart started to beat quickly.

"Don't worry Ms. Ocean. Go get them and have fun. But not too much fun."  Violet giggled at Martin then walked out of the limo.

She picked up her dress slightly, to prevent her from falling, revealing her beautiful clear slippers, replicating the glass slippers from Cinerella.

When Violet walked into the palace with her mask, she saw eyes on her, making her uncomfortable.

But then she remembered that it was a masquerade ball and nobody knows anyone.

Violet walked into a more empty hallways and was finally able to breath without any people around.

However, that alone time was cut short by someone speaking up.

"Hey, are you lost?" Violet turned her head to see a boy, taller than her wearing a mask that covered pretty much all of his face.

"Oh, no, I was just getting some alone time."

"Well, how about I walk with you down the stairs to the main ball room?" Violet swore she recognized the voice, but she couldn't point a finger on it.

"Okay." Violet smiled then grabbed the man's arm, leading her to the ballroom.

"So, tell me about yourself? What's a pretty lady like you doing all alone?" Violet thought about it and she tried to lie as much as she could, just in case this person knew who she was.

"Well, how do you know I'm pretty? We're wearing masks remember?"

Hawk just laughed and turned Violet to get a good look at her. He studied her for a while before speaking up.

"Do I know you from somewhere?" Violet's eyes went wide and she tried her best to not give herself away.

"No, I don't think so." Hawk stepped closer to her, making Violet walk back into the wall.

"Will you do me the honor of having this dance with me?" Violet smiled and grabbed his hand.

He lead her down the golden stairs of the ball room which made Vioelt blush uncontrolalbly.

When the pair arrived at the dance floor, Hawk grabbed Violet's waist and they started to do The Waltz.

Even though Violet hated eye contact, she managed to keep eye contact while she was dancing with Hawk.

When the dance ended, Hawk kissed Violet's hand making her blush. Violet has never felt her stomach like this before and it scared her.

As for Hawk, he has never felt this way for a girl besides Violet.

"You are an amazing dancer. What's your name?"

That was the question that made Violet have anxiety all over again. She stared at him for a while before running away.

"Wait!" Hawk tried to run after her but his mother found him just in time before Violet knew who he was.

"Honey, have you found anyone to dance with yet?" Hawk nodded yes and quickly rushed out of the ball room to try and catch up with his mystery Cinderella.

Violet luckily caught the limo in time and drove off before anyone found out who she was.

She was relieved that she didn't run into Hawk, but now there was another question in her mind.

Who was that charming man I was dancing with tonight?

Oh these kids are so clueless that they were dancing with each other smhhhhhh🙄 anyways I have my driving test next week and I'm like dying of fear