10. in the moment

‿︵‿︵ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ·❉· ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ‿︵‿︵

EVER SINCE HAWK AND VIOLET KISSED, they have been more comfortable with each other now.

Hawk has been calling her more and it was as if the pair never broke apart their friendship.

This meant Violet didn't hang out with Miguel as much, but would still text him. Miguel knew how important Hawk was to Violet, so he didn't express how he really felt about him to her.

Currently, Violet and Hawk were hanging out at school together, showing off the power they both held.

Girls and boys were jealous of the pair, but they knew it was useless to talk to either of them considering their status.

"Violet, since you're hanging out with Eli more, does this mean we can be besties again? Demetri asked Violet with a cautious tone, not knowing what her answer would be.

"Of course, we will always be friends Demetri."

Violet turned towards Hawk and grabbed his hands, making him look towards her. He smiled and squeezed her hands tighter.

"So, Eli, now that we are kinda a thing, I was thinking-"

"Wait, wait wait, Violet do you really think we are actually a thing?"

When Hawk said this, Violet's heart dropped. So many questions and emotions were flowing in her mind.

"W-w-what do you mean? Aren't we a thing?"

Hawk was looking at Violet as if she was crazy 

"Violet, I'm glad we're friends again and I don't ever want to throw that away, but I met someone."

Violet couldn't even speak. She was angry and confused why Hawk would kiss her in the first place if he didn't want to go further with their relationship.

"Wait, so that day we kissed, why did you kiss me then?"

"Well, I guess I was in the moment."

Violet scoffed then shook her head.

"Well, who is this special lady?" Violet asked a little more aggressively than she intended.

"I met her at the masquerade ball. I was dancing with her and she was beautiful."

"Well, how did you know she was beautiful? You guys were wearing masks." Violet sounded more jealous than curious.

"I just knew." Hawk started to walk away, but Violet spoke, making him turn around quickly.

"I met someone too." This was the phrase that made Hawk whip his head around.

"Who?" It was Hawk's turn to sound jealous now.

"I don't know, but he was a great dancer. You're not the only one that has met someone, Eli." With that, Violet had the last word then walked off to her next class.

*❀❁❀*

The first thing Violet did when she arrived home grabbed her pillow and screamed in it, still catching the attention of Martin.

"Ms. Ocean, are you okay? What is troubling you at the moment?"

Violet released the pillow from her face and looked at Martin with tears in her eyes.

"Oh, no, no, no, no, Violet darling, what's wrong?"

"Eli told me he doesn't really like me and that kiss we had was just an 'in the moment' thing. To top that off, he said he met someone at the masquerade dance too." Violet started to choke on her tears, making Martin feel sympathy for her.

"Darling, please listen to me. If he doesn't see the beauty and your wonderful personality, then fuck him. He doesn't deserve a lovely lady like you." Violet looked over to Martin and smiled, happy that there was someone to help her through this crisis.

"Thank you, Martin. I really appreciate you being here for me, especially since my parents are rarely home nowadays. It's nice to have a parental figure when I come home."

It was Martin's turn to smile now. Martin has never really had a family since his parents were gone throughout his childhood as well. But Violet was really the only genuine family he has ever had and he was thankful for her.

"You know what, I have an idea." Violet sat up and faced Martin, intrigued by what he was going on about.

"You should find this mystery man and show Eli what he is missing out on. Whenever you find this man, strut in the hallways of your school with him by your side. That will for sure let him know what he is missing out on."

Violet's eyes lit up at the innovative idea Martin came up with.

"You are so right, Martin. I'm going to show this dumbass how fucking amazing I am. Ugh, thanks for the idea Martin, I really owe you one."

"Of course, darling. Anytime."

Little did Violet and Hawk know, they were basically looking for each other.

Hawk is such a boy smhhh 🙄 🤚 but holy fufhckc my driving test is tomorrow and I'm not okay ughghg :)