9. your touch

‿︵‿︵ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ·❉· ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ‿︵‿︵

"OH MY GOD. THERE IS NO WAY YOU'RE REALLY HERE." Violet stared at the boy beside her and went up to hug him, leaving Hawk alone awkwardly.

"Robby, I haven't seen you since like what, second or third grade?"Violet couldn't stop smiling at the fact that one of her childhood friends came back into her life.

Literally, all of her friends from elementary school somehow drifted away from her. Robby moved in the third grade and Demetri and Hawk stopped being friends with her.

"Well, I came to check out my new school and it was hard to ignore a beautiful face like yours. When I looked closer, I saw it was you." Violet was flattered by Robby's words and couldn't help but notice how handsome the young man was.

Back in elementary school, Robby had braces and glasses that everyone would consider as a nerd. But now, Violet didn't recognize him for a split second.

"Wow, I just can't believe it's you. How have you been? It's been so long," Violet asked, astonished by what the odds were to see him again.

"I'm doing well, adjusting to the new school, but well. How about you?"

"Could be better, but not too bad." Robby looked at her worriedly, wondering why she would say that.

"Wait, what's wrong? You're usually your bright and happy self. What's bothering you. Or who's bothering you?" Violet held her head down for a bit until she felt a finger hold her chin up.

"It's nothing, I promise don't worry about it." Robby knew she wasn't okay but didn't want to pry, especially since this is the first time they have seen each other in a while.

Meanwhile, Hawk was angry at what he saw in front of him. Robby, the kid he remembered all too well back in elementary school.

He walked up to the childhood friends and put a hand on Violet's shoulder which made her flinch.

"So, do you still want me to tell you what I was about to say before we got interrupted," Hawk said the last part while glaring at Robby.

"Hawk."

"Robby."

The two boys glared at each other while Violet stood there awkwardly.

Violet was taken aback when Hawk tried to pull her behind him as if he was protecting her from Robby.

It was as if Hawk never hated her which was super weird for Violet.