14. figuring it out

‿︵‿︵ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ·❉· ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ‿︵‿︵

VIOLET WAS SMILING ALL DAY AT SCHOOL, happy that Robby asked her to be his girlfriend.

It was the next day at school and this was the happiest Violet has been for a while. She was used to Hawk bullying her, but now she looked forward to school for Robby.

Violet has not seen Hawk in a couple of days and she was feeling anxious. Her routine included Hawk in it, so it was weird for him to not be there.

"Violet!" Hawk yelled, stampeding towards her.

Spoke too soon.

"What do you want?" Violet closed her locker and was about to walk away to her class until she was stopped by Hawk grabbing her wrist harshly.

"When the hell were you going to tell me that you were dating Robby?" Violet glared at him, wondering why he wanted to know so much about her life.

"Why do you care? Don't you have to chase down that mystery girl instead? Piss off, Eli." Violet pulled away her wrist from Hawk's grip and continued her way to class.

*❀❁❀*

Violet was out in her favorite spot in the woods, sulking in the sunlight alone. Even after a long day with her boyfriend, she wanted time to herself.

But that alone time was cut quickly when Robby face-timed her. She accepted the call and pointed her phone out to the beautiful view.

"Hey, Swayze. What's up."

"Ooo, that view is so pretty. Where are you at?"

"It's my secret spot that I go to calm down," Violet said enjoying the view in front of her.

"Where is this spot? I'll get there right now-"

"Well, Robby, it's my secret place to relax and enjoy myself. It is a secret for a reason," Violet said while laughing.

"I mean, I'm your boyfriend. I should know where you're at." Violet turned her eyes to her phone.

"Umm, do you have to know where I'm always at? That's kind of creepy." Violet was joking, but at the same time, she was a little weirded out.

"I mean I'm your boyfriend, but okay. Hey, I gotta go, my dad wants me to go shopping with him or something."

"Okay, bye Robby."

"Bye Violet, I love-"

Violet turned off her phone before Robby could finish that sentence.  She wasn't sure what he was going to say, but shrugged it off, thinking it's not important.

Violet sighed and took in another deep breath of fresh air, taking in the beautiful view.

Violet's parents used to take her to this place all the time, but ever since she grew older, her time with her parents dissipated.

She missed the time she had with her parents and she wished they would be there for her today. However, she was lucky enough to have Martin. He definitely raised Violet and she was super thankful for him.

Violet wiped away a tear and stood up quickly after she heard branches cracking.

Her eyes widened, cautious of who or what was there.

"Hello? Who's there?" Violet slowly started to walk towards the sound.

"Wow, I didn't think I'd ever been able to scare you until now." Violet rolled her eyes and walked towards the annoying voice she knew all too clearly.

"What do you want, Urchin?"

"Come on, I just want to talk, please." Hawk pleaded to Violet, hoping she would talk to him this time.

"Fine, you have two minutes."

"Okay, so first of all, I'm just going to say this straightforward. I don't think Robby is the one for you, Violet."

Violet scrunched her nose, wondering why Hawk would go all this way to tell her this.

"Okay? And why is this so important to you. We're not dating, let alone we're barely even friends."

"Because... because...I lov- I know you're making a bad decision."

"Please, like you even care about me, Eli." Hawk quickly talked back to her.

"Believe it or not Violet, I genuinely care about you and you are one of the most important people in my life. Why did you think I messed with you all these years? It was to get your attention an excuse for me to talk to you every day."

Violet stared at him, dumbfounded at what he said. She never knew he felt like this about her and it shocked her.

"I never knew you felt that way, Eli." She felt him lift her chin with his finger, making her look at Hawk in the eyes.

"You know now."

The two stare at each other for a while before speaking up again.

"Well, I should get going." Violet was fidgeting with her glittery silk butterfly, the same one that was on her dress at the masquerade dance.

Hawk looked down at her hands and his eyes widened, immediately recognizing the butterfly.

"Violet, where did you get that," Hawk asked seriously and anxiously.  

"It was on my dress when I went to your ball. It's pretty cute so I bring it with me everywhere now. Anyways, I really have to go now, Bye Eli."

Hawk was in shock to realize that she was now gone. His heart was beating out of his chest, finally figuring out who that mystery girl was that he danced with at the ball.

It was Violet fucking Ocean.

this motha facka finally figured it out smhhhh

this motha facka finally figured it out smhhhh. besties I'm getting my covid shot today ahhhh finally omg.