24. james ocean

(introducing, james ocean)

(seggsy man. if you know who this is, I love you)

‿︵‿︵ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ·❉· ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ‿︵‿︵

"I'm James Ocean, Violet, I'm your uncle."

Violet stood there in shock, not wondering what this man was up to because her parents never mentioned that she had an uncle.

"No, that's bullshit, my parents would have told me I had an uncle." Violet was fuming, wondering why a stranger would appear at her doorstep. Hawk was angry too, wanting to get this man away who was scaring his girlfriend.

"You have no proof about being her uncle. Get the hell out of here before I make you." Hawk's voice became dark and sinister, slightly scaring Violet.

"Yeah, well, this birth certificate begs to differ." James pulled out the piece of paper from his pocket and showed it to Hawk with sass.

Snatching the paper away from him, Hawk glared at him once more before bringing his attention to the paper.

"Well, you definitely are my uncle. I have your sass. Why did my parents not tell me you existed?"

"Well, they thought it was a bad idea at the time because I was in a very bad place then. Like jail bad." James held his head in shame and Violet felt light sympathy for him.

"What did you do to get you in jail?" James was hesitant to speak at first, but he eventually built the courage to talk.

"Well, I was young and stupid. Being a teenager, obviously had some rebelliousness in me, but mines was really bad. I hung out with the wrong group and it cost me half my life. When I went to jail, your father, my brother, told me I was going to be an uncle. I was distraught at first because I knew I would probably never meet you." To Violet, James seemed genuine and she could tell he went through a lot.

"So, I stayed on good behavior and I got an early release on my parole. Just so I can meet you."

Violet wasn't sure what to say since she has never been in a situation like this. She kept staring at James and the more she stared, she could see the resemblance between him and her father.

"You look like dad," Violet barely said above a whisper.

James smiled slightly and thought about something before speaking up.

"Do you want to grab lunch? To like catch up? I would like to see what my niece has been up to her whole life." Violet smiled and nodded her head, wanting to know more about James.