13

(Y/N) had returned to the guildhall after she found her daughter and Natsu missing at the diner. She crossed her arms and addressed her daughter.

"And what did I say as I was leaving?"

"Uh," Nadia nervously laughed, "we finished eating, so we figured we would just meet you back here."

(Y/N) waved a chiding finger at her daughter before slowly walking over to the bar. Nadia soon appeared right next to her, her smile wide.

"So where'd ya go?"

"I just needed some air," she dismissed.

"Did the vegetables make you sick?"

"No Nads. The vegetables did not make me sick. I just was feeling a bit uneasy being here."

"Why?"

"I guess the memories are a little weird."

"But why?"

"Well I haven't joined Fairy Tail yet, so it's weird seeing the guildhall before I arrive."

"But why?'

"Because it--"

"Jesus Christ," Laxus grunted, "will you knock it off. If I hear you ask why one more time my head is going to explode."

"You're mean. The real Laxus isn't like this."

"I am the real Laxus, you brat."

"Anyway," Nadia chirped, ignoring the lightning mage, "can we go to sleep now? I'm tired."

"You didn't even do anything," Lucy mumbled.

"The real Auntie Lucy isn't like that either," Nadia continued. "You all aren't as nice as my time. Uncle Laxus always talks to me and Auntie Lucy never makes fun of me."

"Easy, Nads. You have to remember that they are eighteen years younger than the Fairy Tail we know. They're only a few years older than you, so be easy on them."

Nadia pouted and leaned into her mother's side, wrapping her arms around her and placing her face into her. (Y/N) gave a small smile and slowly rubbed her daughter's arm in circles.

"I'm tired, momma."

(Y/N) led Nadia towards the door and opened it, causing the night breeze to blow past their faces. Nadia seemed to jump at an idea, and she spun around to face the guild.

"Hey dad, can we sleep in your house? It'll be like a reunion sleepover! Don't you think that'd be cool? We can stay up late and talk about Magnolia and--"

"Didn't you just say you were tired?" Natsu questioned.

(Y/N) gently pushed Nadia out of the guildhall and coaxed her out into the empty streets.

"Come on, Nadia. We have to check into an inn before they close."

"But I wanna stay with dad."

"There's not enough room, Nads."

"But--"

She looked at her mother to see that she was giving her a blank look. Nadia hung her head and waved her goodbyes to the guild before following her mother into an inn. They checked in and entered their assigned room, and Nadia leaped onto the bed, causing it to bounce back.

"Let's get some sleep, yeah?"

"Mom, do you think we'll be able to find a way to fix things?"

"Our goal is to return to our time. We can't focus on the dragons."