20

"And that's basically it," (Y/N) ended. "After that, the three of us met up with Lucy, and then our search for the others started."

Past (Y/N) looked uncertain, causing future Natsu to let out a loud laugh.

"I really do?" She asked, hope filling her voice. "I can control it?"

"After joining the newly reunited Fairy Tail, some things happened. I joined the guild, and once Master Mavis learned about the curse, she gifted me with Fairy Sphere, saying that I should practice using it in case there was a time where the curse overwhelmed my ability to hold it back. But it's basically under full control. Well...in my time anyhow. Traveling back in time has messed with that."

"So what in the future needs to be fixed?" Future Natsu probed.

"There's a bunch of dra--"

(Y/N) covered Nadia's mouth before she could finish, and her daughter received a very threatening stare. The white haired girl shrunk under her mother's hold and retreated to behind Laxus.

"You can't do anything if Uncle Laxus says you can't."

"Don't bring me into this, brat. Go with your mother."

Nadia pouted and stuck her tongue out at the lightning mage, earning a scoff from him.

"Levy, can we cast that spell again yet?"

"We should be able to."

Future Natsu gave a small wave to the group and turned to past (Y/N).

"Guess we better get training, eh?"

The walk back from the forest was filled with countless questions from the young Dragneel girl. Everything from 'when did you and dad get together?' to 'did I inherit that weird death power?' and more.

"Nads, easy."

"Can you tell us how the dragons came through the gate?" Lucy questioned.

"It was the work of an experiment gone bad, basically."

"What's that mean?"

"The Eclipse Gate was repaired a couple years after, and when it opened, the dragons forced their way out. And soon they spread across Fiore and into surrounding nations. Ever since, dragons had reigned as the biggest power and threat in our time."

"So how do we stop it?"

"Don't you worry, Auntie Lucy. We're going to stop it on the next trip, right momma?"

(Y/N) sighed loudly, choosing to ignore her daughter as she led the guild out towards the nearest town.

"We definitely messed up the future now," Nadia observed.

Her mother gave her another glare, frustratedly giving, "Yeah. I know."

"How long until the dragons come?" The white haired girl asked, choosing to ignore the scolding that she was given.

"About another two years."

"Great! So we can definitely be there in ti--"

"You are not fighting a dragon, Nadia."

"Well we came all this way. We should at least try."

"Nadia, I'm not putting you in a situation where you could die."

"But I'm stronger now and--"

"I can't lose both of you."

Nadia stopped talking, her lips pressed into a line, and clung to her mother's side.