Chapter 15

Buck's POV

*One Week Later*

"He wont be able to walk." These words rang in Buck's ears. "Able to walk..."

I'm not gonna survive this, i can't be stuck in these weelchair, i am a damn firefighter, i should have been in Texas now. God, i can't believe i overreacted on that news. Going to Texas now sound like a vacation and not some kind of punishment, as i thought 10 days ago. Everything is a mess, i am a mess.

*Knock On The Door*

"Hey." - Maddie said and peeked. "Everything okay? You hungry?"

Buck looked at her.

"Nothing is okay." - he said. "I don't know who i am, i even don't know who you are."
"I am your sister Buck." - Maddie replied softly, "and you will be fine soon, trust me." - she smiled at him. "Now let's eat something."

As Buck sat in the kitchen, he looked around. Everything was new to him, he never was in Maddie's old apartment. After he was released from the hospital, Maddie offered to take care of him. She moved out from Howie, and since then they live here, alone. Time to time, Howie comes to visit them, her, but that's not that and Buck knew that's on him. Thes damn legs. He wished to move out, but Maddie didn't wanted ti hear about that.

"Hey Maddie." - Buck said. "I was thinking, i feel a lot better now, and i could move out. I know i have my own apartment. Please don't say i am not ready, because i am. Also that might help me to remember."

Maddie looked at him, little longer than she should. It looked like she was thinking.

"Yeah, why not?" - she replied. "Mom will come aftertomorrow, and you both can live at your place until you get better."
"Mom..." - Buck whispered. Just not her, he thought...