Chapter 14- My Wish

7 months later

Arizona's POV

Today was the first day off in a while for Amelia and I, so I planned a picnic in April's backyard. She was working so hard lately on who knows what so I wanted to her give her a day to relax and not have to worry about anything.

My badass girlfriend was the Head of Neurosurgery. Not many people get to say that. I made sure everyone knew that anywhere we went so I could brag about her. She would always be humble, but I wasn't. I just wanted to tell everyone.

I got our favorite weird concoctions and sandwiches from the deli down the road we both like. 

Oh I should probably mention, I may ask Amelia to move in with me soon. We'd have to look for one together, since she's still with Derek and I am here at April's.

I heard a car door shut and I walked to the side gate and saw her going towards the front door. "Hey, stranger." I say from the opening in the side gate to the backyard. She looks over to me and smiles softly. "Hey, beautiful. What're you doing back here?" She says as we walk hand in hand over to the picnic blanket. 

"I know you've been hard at work lately, so I wanted to make you something that was relaxing and took your mind off of things for a while." I say sitting down on the blanket. I noticed she was grabbing at her shoulders trying to rub them. "Come here, baby." I motion for her to move over closer to me and I started to give her a massage and I felt her instantly relax in my touch. She leaned back so her head was on my stomach and I leaned back a bit so make her more comfortable.

After a comfortable silence, I wanted to ask her a random question that's been on my mind. 

"Amy, I have a random question for you. Don't freak out when I ask, it's just a question I am curious about." I say. She gives me a confused look and says, "I don't like the don't freak out part, but you know you can ask me anything, Arizona." She says. 

"Okay so we are both getting older and I wanted to know your thoughts on having kids? I know I can't wait much longer and I don't know about you, but I need to start planning." I say, nervous for what he answer is going to be. 

"Can I tell you something? No judgement?" Amelia says shyly. "Of course you can, baby. I will never judge you." I say with a soft smile.

_______________________________________

Amelia's POV

"I had a baby before I came here quite a few years ago. I was pregnant with my dead fiance's baby. He overdosed the day after we got engaged and I woke up to him not breathing and pale. That image will haunt me for the rest of my life." I say as Arizona's hand is stroking my hair as she looks down to listen intently. One of my favorite things about her is how intently she listens and never interrupts, unless it's necessary.

"About a month later, I started getting sick. And I didn't think anything of it until it was every morning like clock work. I went and took a pregnancy test and when it came back positive, I was overjoyed. I would still have something of Ryan's with me to remember him by. Everything with my pregnancy was great, I took all the vitamins, did all the things right. Oh and I got clean during this time. I have been clean ever since. Everything went right with my pregnancy, except when it was getting closer to my due date, I was in my last appointment when everything came crashing down. My baby was going to be born with anencephaly. He didn't have a brain. I was devastated and didn't know if I would make it, and that's when I called Derek. He came and helped me through this. Christopher was born and I got to hold him for 43 minutes before he died. He was kept alive long enough to donate his organs to other babies who needed them." I continued.

"So to answer your question, I had a kid for 43 minutes and it was so hard to watch him go, but I wouldn't trade it for anything. I want kids again some day, I am just scared because I can't protect them from everything, and there are a lot of things we cannot control." I finish.

I look up and Arizona has tears running down her cheek. I sit up and stroke my thumb across her cheek. "Arizona, I'm not sure if you're asking if I'll have kids with you, but I can't imagine anyone else to go through this with. I want to have kids with you. I want all the babies with you. I know with you, everything will be okay." I say with a smile.

"Amelia, I am sorry that happened to you. I am glad you told me, so I know what you've been through. I am so proud of you for sticking it through. And I am happy to have you here with me." She says with a soft smile. 

"If you want, we can talk to an IVF specialist and see what our options are. But I know without a shadow of doubt, that I want to have kids with you Arizona. You will make an amazing mother, and any child would be so lucky to have you." I say with a loving smile. "Amy, they would be just as happy to have you as their mother." She says as she leans in to kiss me on the cheek.

"How about we go the the specialist tomorrow at the hospital and she what she thinks?" I say. "I like that idea, Amy." She says and leans in for a hug. As she does that I start to feel a headache coming on and start to rub my temples to see if it will help me. I think Arizona caught on and asked what's wrong.

"Oh, I think it's just a headache. You think we could lay down for a nap and cuddle?" I ask. "Sure, baby. Let's clean up and go inside." We clean up and make our way to her bedroom.

She wrapped me in her arms tightly and it felt so good to be there with her.

I knew I had to tell her what was going on with me, but I didn't want to take away from this special day. We were going to have a baby and I couldn't wait for her to be a mom one day. 

I know I'll have to tell her soon, but I wanted to get started on this before I had to go and ruin it. 

Author's Notes: What is wrong with Amelia? How long will she hide it from Arizona? Keep reading to find out.