Chapter 17- Live Your Life

Amelia's POV

Post op day 2 has been a struggle. Today is the day they are going to try to get me out of bed. I am back to being able to hear people's voices without whispering. I insisted Arizona leave when they move me from the bed to the chair because there was going to be a lot of screaming in pain, groaning, and crying, but she was not having any of that.

"You don't get to say when I've had enough, Amy. You kept me in the dark for 3 months about this and even then I'm not sure you wouldn't have told me if it hadn't grown. But you know what, I'll just go where I'm more wanted, because clearly I am not wanted here. You got your wish." She storms out without another word.

"You fucked with Robbins, didn't you?" Alex comes walking in. "Oof, man I messed up." I said with a pained look. " She loves you, Amelia. Let her take care of you. You have made her the happiest I have seen her in a long time. Even when she was with Callie, I could tell she was never truly happy. She is truly in love with you. Don't push her away." He finishes.

"Alex, I am going to let you in on a little secret. Promise you can keep it?" I asked and he nodded.

"Okay, Arizona is pregnant." And his eyes light up. "I had this dream when I was under that I saw my baby boy that I lost when I was younger and his dad. I miss them everyday. But they said we were having twins, a boy and a girl. I'm not trying to keep her away, I am trying to keep her from the stress of me screaming in agony. I know she would probably be fine, but I am scared, Alex." I finished with tears in my eyes.

"She can make that decision, Amelia. You know that. I will go talk to her and see if I can get her to come back. Do you want her here? Because I don't want to ask if you really don't want her here." He asks sincerely. "Of course I do. I want her with me every step of the way, but she is going to see me at my worst. Which, now that I am thinking, I told her I wanted her here with the good and the bad." I looked with a face palm. "I wish I could go find her, but I'm stuck in this bed." I say.

"I will go find her and drag her ass back here, gently of course, if I have to." Alex says as he places a kiss to my forehead and walks out. I fall asleep quickly after he leaves.

______________________________________

Arizona's POV

I was so mad. All I wanted was to help Amelia and she kept insisting that I shouldn't be in the room when they tried to get her up. She kept saying that it was going to be stressful and I shouldn't be there.

She doesn't get to say what I can and cannot do, oh I am so mad. Then I am pulled out of my thoughts when Alex comes into the empty on-call room and locks the door.

"Arizona. I just came from Amelia's room. She misses you and needs you." He says softly. "Did you come from the same room? Because the one that I came from most certainly didn't say that." I said with a scowled look.

"Arizona, she's so scared. She's scared that you'll get too stressed out and hurt the babies. And she'll blame herself. I told her that you know your limit and that she'd want you there. She even told me how she said she wanted you through the good and the bad, that's when she really remembered she screwed up." He says as I look shocked at him. "Look, Robbins. She needs you and I want you both to be happy. But I will drag your ass back to that room if I have to, but gently, so I don't hurt my niece and nephew." He finishes. 

"She told you we were pregnant? And you think it's a boy and a girl?" I ask with a confused look. "I think you need to talk to Amelia about that one." He says with a smile. "Thanks, Alex. For everything." I say and pull him in for a hug. He gives me a kiss on the forehead as my pager started to go off.