Chapter 21- The Greatest Gift

4 months later, 26 weeks pregnant

Amelia's POV

Today I was surprising Arizona for a babymoon getaway. We were going to Belize. I know she loved the beach, so I thought it was the perfect place to go.

I was making sure I had everything packed, I packed all of her clothes, her passport, and everything she needed.

"Okay, our coverage is taken care of, right chief?" I ask the tall man. "Yes, Amelia. Take care of yourselves, especially Arizona. A pregnant Robbins is not to be messed with." He says with a smile and a side hug. "I will be spoiling her the entire trip. I'm just going to watch her in the gallery before I go and tell her the surprise." I tell him. "I will be around, I want to send you both off." He says and I nod and walk away.

I go to the OR 3 gallery and see Arizona and Alex with their patient. Arizona's back was toward me, but Alex saw me. I could hear him over the intercom. "Robbins, can you swap with me? My hand's cramping a little." He says slyly, looking up at me. "Sure, come switch." She says, making her way around and I think she may have seen Alex glance up here because she came around and glanced up to the gallery.

"How's that hand, Alex? Or did you switch with me so I could see my baby mama?" She said with a smile with her eyes. She was smiling ear to ear behind that mask, I knew that. I went over to the intercom, "If you're closing soon, I'll meet you outside the scrub room. I am done for the day. I'll see you soon, mama." I said with a smile at her and resume sitting until they were closing.

_________________________________

Arizona's POV

It was midday, how was Amelia done for the day? She didn't tell me she had a shortened day, was she okay? Now I was worried.

"You okay, Robbins?" Alex asks, looking over to me with worried eyes. "Yeah, I'm fine. I'm just worried about Dr. Shepherd. It's midday and she's done already. What if she's sick, should I go be with----" I start to ramble and Alex cuts me off. "Arizona, stop. She's fine. She probably just has a light case load today. Just be happy she's not busy like we are." He says, reassuring me.

We are preparing to close and he lets two residents take care of it. He stayed to supervise and he told me to scrub out so that we could prepare for our next surgery. Just then I caught Meredith coming in and was confused. "Hey Mer, what're you up to?" I asked her. "Oh, Alex asked me to scrub into surgery with him in a few minutes. Amelia is outside waiting for you. Not sure what it's about." She says suspiciously. 

What's going on?

I find Amelia waiting for me outside the scrub room like Meredith said. "Hey, cutie. You okay? Why are you done so early?" I asked her. "Oh, slow day in the ER. I do want to go out to lunch. Alex had Meredith switch with you so you could go with me." She says with a smile.

There was something going on, you can't just switch surgeons for no reason. Especially just lunch. I get changed and go to the lobby to meet Amelia. We walk outside hand in hand and she pulls us to this nice car. "Amelia Frances Shepherd! We are not taking this to just lunch, so tell me what's going on!" I exclaim, looking at her nervously.

"Hmm, did I say lunch? I meant something else. It's a surprise." Amelia says. "I'm not sure I like surprises anymore..." I say nervously. "I think you'll like this one." She says back, helping me into the car. 

As we were driving, it looked like we were heading for the airport. And sure enough we were. "Amy, why are we going to the airport?" I ask her. We weren't going to any of the main terminals, we made it to the private area of the airport. I was so confused. 

"I may have asked Jackson to borrow the jet and crew for a small period of time." She says as my eyes go wide. "1 week to be exact." She finishes. "Um, and where exactly are we going? I also do not have a single thing." I ask, now worried. "I took care of it all, everything is packed in the back. And I'll let you know when we're in the air." She says with a smile.

We get into the security area and get checked. It never gets easier with a prosthetic leg because you have to take it off and hobble through security and it's embarrassing. Amelia was luckily right there to put it back on. I think she just knows how it makes me feel. I give her a quick kiss on the lips and we walk towards the plane hand in hand.

I still get nervous every time on a plane, Amelia picked up on that immediately after my grip on her hand got tighter. She stopped me before we got on and looked at me for a few seconds before speaking up, me looking at the ground, embarrassed. "Hey, look at me." She says, and I continue to look at the ground. She then takes two of her fingers and lifts my chin softly, placing her hands around my waist after. "There she is, stunningly beautiful. I'm right here. I'm not going anywhere. I've got you, babe. And if you really don't want to do this, we will go home and spend the week at home." She says with a big smile, continuing to hold me close around the waist. 

"It will never get easier getting on a plane, but with you, I can do anything. You went through all this for me, I will get on this plane for you." I say with a smile and place a soft kiss on her lips.

We board the plane and Amelia and I have it all to ourselves. We sit down next to each other and the plane gets cleared for take off. As we are about to get off the ground, my grip gets tighter on Amelia's hand. She takes my hand in her lap and strokes it gently, keeping me calm.

We are in the air and I am keeping myself occupied with a book to distract me. Amelia reaches over, slyly puts a bookmark in the book and closes it, taking it away from me. "Baby, that was going to be the best part!" I exclaim. "I mean, I can also not tell you where we're going then." She says and looks out the window. I turn her back to me and cup her cheeks and pull in for a kiss. 

"Okay, I'm sorry. Please tell me!!" I say with a whine. "Okay fine, since you asked so nicely." She says with a small tap on my nose. "We're going to Belize. I know you love the beach, so I wanted to go somewhere warm for our babymoon." She says as she reaches down to my belly and places a kiss to it then looks back up to me with a smile. 

"You are too good to me, Amelia Shepherd." I say with a big smile as I play with my promise ring. "You turn my world." She says with a loving smile and comes in for a lasting kiss. We then readjust the seats to get some sleep. I fall asleep in her arms, feeling completely safe with her being with me.

Wow, I am going to marry this girl one day.

Author's Notes: The next chapter will be a part of the baby moon. We don't need every waking detail, but I hope you like it! After this chapter, I think I am going to wrap up the book in about 5 or 6 chapters. This was a slow burn book and I have my other book now too!