4

Yeonjun once again found himself travelling into the heart of Eboncross for the second time that week. He preferred to keep a low profile in the kingdom, so he seldom went into the heart of the kingdom unless it was absolutely necessary. As Beomgyu gathered all necessary provisions, Yeonjun ventured to a familiar tavern where he had once seen a board of requests for help on adventures. He held a piece of parchment, not even intending on using it. Rather than give his information to many who could find him and seek to turn him in, he would look for others who seemed to be to his liking.

He entered the dark tavern. It was early, so early that the sun had barely begun to peak out from over the Misthelm Forest. He grabbed a chair at a table where he could see the request board, and pulled his hood to cover his face, but still allow him to see the others who were milling around the tavern, readying themselves for another day of heavy drinking and music.

Yeonjun scanned the tavern and squinted at a figure who lay slumped on a table, covered by their cloak. Beside them was a bag and on the table was an empty glass.

He felt his gaze linger on the figure who seemed to be sleeping before a server came and asked for what he would like. He ordered a simple ale that he had no plans of drinking. He sat for a while. The dark tavern was not revealing of time, but soon, it seemed more full and the figure who once was slumped over the table had begun to sit up. Yeonjun could see his face now. Not only could he see the mans face, but he could see something that the man held in his arms. A small, plain stuffed toy for children. Yeonjun's eyes ventured from the toy in his hands, to his face.

The bard. It was the bard from the previous day. The one who had made such entrancing music. He watched as the barkeep made his way to the man, having a small conversation before giving him food. Yeonjun kept his eyes on the man curiously as he ate. When he had cleaned his plate, the bard stood and reached into his bag, grabbing some sort of instrument that Yeonjun didn't know. He began to play and Yeonjun was once again entranced by the bard.

He wasn't sure how much time had passed, but what he did know was that he wished for this bard to accompany him on his journey. If not for skill, then for his music alone.

Yeonjun stood as the bard took a bow, heading back towards his seat. Yeonjun took the seat across from the bard, hoping that this bard was as pleasant as his music was.

"You play very well," Yeonjun complimented when the bard noticed him.

"Ah, thank you," the bard smiled politely.

"I don't suppose you happen to be looking for a journey to partake in," Yeonjun suggested, looking into the bards eyes.

"Not at the moment," the bard answered.

"Might I persuade you?" Yeonjun asked.

"Perhaps you could," the bard smiled mischievously.

"Hellspost. I wish to find the treasure of Hellspost," he told the bard, maintaining eye contact, hoping it would help.

"And what good would come of having a stranger with you?" The bard asked, tilting his head slightly, narrowing his eyes.

"If not for skill, than for your beautiful music," Yeonjun answered and seriously as possible.

"I have a single condition," the bard stated.

"And that is?" Yeonjun asked, willing to fulfill any conditions the bard had.

"I have a friend. An archer and a ranger. He lives at the edge of Eboncross and patrols the Misthelm Forest. I wish for him to join," the bard told him.