8

The gates of the kingdom of Eboncross were huge in size. Easily larger than any creature one could come across. The gates were impenetrable and they made every citizen feel tiny. The border around Eboncross made it hard to get in, and even harder to get out. It was made of the finest stone with a contraption that wielded enough power to open it. The tall wall announced the kingdom to any who dared to come within a few hours of it.

  Yeonjun and Beomgyu were nervous. They hadn't even thought to attempt to leave Eboncross. This would be the first time they'd ever left Eboncross and in the worst case scenario, they would both be caught, Beomgyu would be thrown in the King's prison and most likely executed. Yeonjun would probably be worshipped for surviving whatever torture the kingdom thought he went through.

  (Y/N) was nervous as well. Whilst she was born outside of Eboncross, she'd lived in the streets of the Eboncross market for as long as she could remember. She had committed many crimes and if she was found by the royal guard, she probably would've been in line for the guillotine, right behind Beomgyu. Although it was mainly petty thievery, the people of Eboncross only saw her as a pest that needed to be taken care of, so if the king brought this matter to a vote amongst the people, (Y/N) didn't doubt that her head would be in a basket in mere seconds.

  Taehyun and HueningKai had entered and exited these gates many times. They had no reason to be afraid. The guards who opened the gate even knew them by name.

  The group approached the gate. The sun was in the middle of the sky and it scorched down on those who wore black.

  "Taehyun! And HueningKai! I hadn't the slightest clue that you knew of each other," the guard smiled.

  "We are mere acquaintances who have decided to go on an adventure together along with some others. We wish to exit the gate," Taehyun explained.

  "The others in your company. I'll need to know their names. You must know best of all that the king keeps record of everyone who enters and exits the kingdom," the guard explained, acting like he and Taehyun were old friends.

"Raven-Eyed. They call me Raven-Eyed," (Y/N) piped up.

"Raven-Eyed? What a strange title," the guard rolled his eyes. "Though if you're known by pseudonym, who am I to object? You," The guard nodded at Beomgyu.

"Angel313," he squeaked.

"And you?" He asked Yeonjun who was using his hood to slightly cover his face.

"Sweet and Soft Cotton Candy."

  "Adventurers these days and their crazy pseudonyms," the guard murmured opening signalling for the others to open the gates.

  It took a long time for the gate to open. It was such a big gate, one that demanded power. When it opened the smallest crack, the group slipped out and began to walk, each releasing a breathe of relief.

  With the gate behind them, all that lay in front of them was an open field in the direction of the Misthelm Forest. It was not yet in sight.

The grass was long, and the only thing in sight were the rolling hills of the beautiful prairie land that hadn't yet been affected by the rapid industrialization that continued to spread over the land. The sun shone bright and the birds twittered as they flew over the fields of green. Bees buzzed past the intrepid adventurers as they made their way over hills and ridges in complete silence, the only noise being that of the beautiful nature around them.

If felt like they had been walking forever when the sun began to set. Still, the Misthelm Forest was nowhere in sight.

"We should rest," HueningKai said, slowing to a stop.