Chapter 1: Another Year, Another Migraine

The sunlight peaks through y/n's favorite color curtains, seeping through her long eyelashes, causing her to slowly open one eye. From the overbearing light, her face scrunches up and she rolls over to escape the sun's persistence.

"I still have more ti-"

Y/n groggily mumbles but then is cut off by her obnoxious alarm blaring next to her. She slaps her phone screen to hurriedly shut off the annoying tune. Once the alarm finally shuts up, she slumps back into her multiple pillows and heavy blanket.

Suddenly, her eyes shoot wide open as she realizes what day it is. Her first day as a second year. At a new school. Aldera Junior High.

"Shit! Can't be late this year, can't be laaaaate."

She whips out of bed and runs to the bathroom to do her business and then gets her uniform on.

A million thoughts are racing through her mind as she slides on her socks and continuously fixes her hair in the mirror of her room.

New school. New people. Everyone probably has their cliques made up by now. I'm not even good at making friends with my antisocial ass!

She shakes her head to push all of her nerves out and leans her hands on her desk, glaring at her reflection in the mirror.

"I'm in this bitch. New as hell. So act right y/n! Got it? You're a bad bitch, don't forget it!"

Y/n gives herself the best pep talk ever and leans back with satisfaction from her... encouraging words, before exiting her room.

Y/n just moved from the other side of Musutafu, Japan with her mother. The reason, let's just say she needed to switch schools.

Let me fill you in a little. Her mother had to raise three kids on her own and it wasn't easy. Her sisters are way older than her now, but that doesn't stop them from being the center of attention. They are wild and free spirits with enormous personalities, always loud and the life of the party. Extroverts at its finest. Y/n on the other hand, not so much. She finds it hard to walk up to strangers and start a conversation to create strong friendships. The invisible wall she builds just won't budge and she can't figure out why. Is it for safety? Safety from being judged? Safety from being used?

Y/n walks down the bright sidewalk on her way to her new middle school, hands frantically messing with the straps of her book bag. She starts to notice her body language and slows her pace as she takes out her phone and ear buds.

"Let me just listen to my favorite playlist. Maybe that'll calm me down."

She mumbles to herself. However her earbuds were tangled and fighting against her. With her mind completely fixated on untangling her buds she fails to acknowledge someone walking right in front of her. She bumps into a figure taller than her and looks up.

Her e/c eyes meet scarlet red ones, whose body basically had anger radiating off of them. He also had spiky blonde hair going in every direction, flowing in the slight gust of wind. He was quite attractive if he wasn't wearing such a scowl.

"I'm so sorry, that was my fault, I was just losing a fight with these" Y/n holds up her now untangled earbuds, "and wasn't watching where I was going, I'm really sorr-"

"Yeah dumbass, it is your fault, are you legally blind or something?" the boy cuts her off, stepping closer to her, making her stomach feel heavy.

Shocked from the boy's insults, Y/n just blinks at him which ticks him off even more.

"What, you're mute now too? Tch. stupid girls." He rolls his eyes and storms off...in the direction she has to go.

After the shock withered away, a rage builds up inside y/n.