Chapter 2: First Words

Y/n POV:

I run to the nearest bathroom and go straight to the handicapped stall, slamming the metal door and locking it. I stare at my reflection for a second and see my eyes watering.

No don't do it, damnit! Don't cry! Then you really will be weak, just like that blonde jerk said back there! Don't prove him right!

I decide to splash some cold water onto my face to try and calm myself down. As I reach for the sink I notice my hands trembling harshly and rush even more to start the water. After splashing the cool liquid on my face a couple times I lean against the stall and collect myself with deep breaths.

So it already isn't going well. And if I wasn't in the way, maybe that poor boy wouldn't have been noticed and got picked on. Seemed like it happened to him before.

Suddenly, I remembered that my old school doesn't start for another 20 minutes so I decided to text my friends and fill them in on my...experience.

Musu-squad! Group Chat

Y/n: hey y'all so I'm ready to move back and go to school with you again lol

Kiri: Why what happened??

Mina: Faxx we miss you already bestieeeee

Y/n: Well I got cussed out twice already by the same guy!

Kiri: Who is he 🙂 🔪

Mina: WHO IS MESSING WITH OUR BES FREN

Y/n: and the second time happened in front of everyone in the hallway so that was embarrassing :/

Mina: oh nah we finna pull up, kiri don't forget to wear your timbs

Kiri: already tying the laces 😈

Y/n: lmao y'all are the best fr. but i don't think im gonna like it here. My anxiety is off the rails rn 😐

Kiri: listen, you're one of the strongest people ik. You can get through this. You're smart and funny and sweet so you're bound to make more friends! I believe in you

Mina: Faxx plus you still have us to rant to and visit outside of that musty, crusty school. But you best not replace us n/n (nickname)!

Y/n: lmao thanks guys, y'all are awesome, im way calmer now. And don't worry no one can replace y'all. I have to go though. Bye :(

Mina: Bye bestie!!

Kiri: Bye n/n! Good luck ❤

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Deku's POV:

"Maybe I should just end it all right now."

I shakily get up and walk to the edge, looking over the campus. I see groups of friends walking and talking while heading inside the building, two boys racing each other to the door while their other friends stay behind and cheer them on, three girls, probably first years, taking a selfie, and some third years playing catch with a rubber ball.

I could've had these things. I could've made friends, laughed with them, and spent time with them at our houses. Making memories. Being happy. Could I still have a chance of gaining those things? It doesn't seem like it. It's probably-no, it is- for the best to give up...

I climb onto the ledge and slowly open my arms, closing my eyes and inhaling one last breath.

This is it. In about 10 seconds I'll be free from this torturous world. Free from the chains of depression and anxiety. Free from the abuse. Free from faking that I'm okay.