Chapter 14: Izu's Birthday part 2

The teens finally get off of the Ferris wheel, feeling a bit awkward from Izuku's failed confession. As they walked through the park in silence, looking for the exit, they heard a loud boom, echoing in the night. Startled, they both whipped around to face the noise and saw golden sparks twinkling in the sky, descending towards the ground. Y/n's lips parted as she recognized the sound to be a firework.

"Izu, I think they're having a firework show!" she says excitedly, already forgetting about the altercation on the ride.

Izuku smiles brightly, squeezing the stuffed puppy against his chest. His chin and mouth were covered by the dog's fluffy head with only his big, green eyes showing. Moments later, 3 more fireworks boosted up, whistling before exploding in the sky. The glowing sparkles invaded the black canvas, contrasting the darkness and catching everyone's attention. The magnificent display warmed its audience's hearts, demanding spectators from every corner of the park with the roars of its show.

As the blazing ensemble of the fireworks light up the sky, Izuku's focus strays away from the vivid colors, his orbs falling onto his crush. He sees her e/c eyes twinkling in astonishment as she observes the bursts of coloration, her lips curling into an awestruck smile. He becomes distressed and falls into his thoughts while keeping his eyes on Y/n.

I should've told her. Why did I have to chicken out? Plus, I feel like she knew I was trying to say something else. I'm so stupid! What if things get awkward now? I can't lose what we have...

Finally, the light show seized its fire and gray smoke swarmed the area from all of the explosions. Izuku snapped out of his head once he saw Y/n turn to look at him. She let out a refreshed sigh and began walking to the exit. Izuku followed after her, examining her face.

Is she already over it?! Maybe I'm just overthinking!

He reassures himself while finding the bus stop and beginning their trip home. Their walk back to his apartment was calm and quiet. Y/n looked through the pictures and videos they took, smiling and showing Izuku as well.

Alast, they made it to his apartment. Y/n fought the grins and giggles that were threatening to show as Izuku knocked on the door. Inko rushes to the door, opening it and smiling widely. The teens step inside and as the door closes, three teenagers jump from behind his couch.

"SURPRISEEEEEE!" they all say in unison.

Izuku shrieked and threw his stuffed animal at them while putting his fists up in defense. The group cackles as he finally realizes who else was in his house. In his living room, Kirishima, Mina, and Bakugou stood laughing at Izu's reaction while holding party horns.

"Happy birthDAY!" Kirishima hooted before blowing into the horn making the tool give a high pitched screech.

"Thanks guys." Izuku says sheepishly, rubbing the back of his neck, finally relaxing a bit.

She notices Bakugou next to Kirishima and smirks.

I knew that tsundere would show up.

She thought slyly as she made eye contact with him. He glares back at her before looking at the ground.

"Yay! PARTYYYYYY!" Y/n squeals, holding Izuku's hands and pulling him towards the living room.

They all begin to say their own welcomes to the boy and ask how the carnival was. Within minutes, Y/n could feel his energy change. As he was answering their questions, his voice sounded more choked up. Y/n tilted her head while inching closer to him from the side. She saw his eyes glistening and tearing up as well as his face growing red.

"Izu what's wrong?" she asks, raising her right arm to rub his back gently.

He covers his face from embarrassment. He doesn't want people to think he's a cry baby anymore, but he couldn't hold it in anymore. With a sharp inhale, he begins to explain his feelings.