Chapter 10: Nightmares

At dinner, Katsuki was quiet, picking at his food and not participating in the conversation. His mother, Mitsuki was complaining about her boss at the fashion studio, her husband respectfully listening to every word. Suddenly, she stops and looks at her son. His father does the same, raising an eyebrow.

"Katsuki, you're surprisingly quiet today. I didn't even get a "hey hag, you're back." Mitsuki confronted, placing her palms on the wooden dining table.

The blonde boy shrugged his shoulders and laid his left cheek in his hand, looking at the wall. He chewed the inside of his cheek, waiting for his mother's judgemental stares to subside. She finally gave up and resumed her one sided conversation with Masaru.

The argument he had with Y/n constantly replays in his head.

"He fucking died in my arms!"

"BECAUSE OF YOU!"

"It should've been you..."

"It's not my fault..." he whispers to himself, catching his parent's attention again.

"What is it Katsuki?" His mother asks, annoyed.

He shakes his head and then stands up.

"Can I go to my room?" He asks.

His parents nod as he excuses himself. Once he closes his door Masaru looks at his wife, concerned.

"He asked to leave the table? Since when does he do that?" He asks.

Mitsuki shakes her head and looks down at her plate.

"Probably just bottling up his emotions again. Apparently Izuku is in the hospital. Something serious happened." She replies, gathering the plates to start dishes.

Masaru stands up, uneasiness building in his gut as he follows after her.

"Do you think Katsuki has something to do with it?" He brings his voice to a hoarse whisper to not let his son hear.

However, Bakugou was pressing his ear up to the door, hearing the whole conversation. He clenched his jaw, turning around and flopping onto his bed. He used a pillow to muffle his frustrated screams as he punched his mattress.

He had his own problems besides me! So why does everyone automatically point their finger at me huh!?

After about 30 minutes, he falls asleep, slipping into a dream.

Him and his two friends walked to school, the day was bright and the air around them was warm. His friends laugh around him and he recognizes this dream. He had it 2 times already. The dream usually starts out like a normal school day. But at the end he spots Deku on the school's roof, about to jump. He ends up running up to the roof, adrenaline pushing him to catch him before Deku falls over the edge.

His anxiety peaks as he remembers the familiar ending.

No, not again.

He thinks to himself as he approaches the school's big doors.

Bakugou's POV

I walk through the hallway, my idiots still by my side. Suddenly, I feel myself collide with someone and I look down with a glare at the soon to be victim. My eyes meet emerald ones that are accompanied by freckles beneath them. I immediately recognized the person as Deku. As if it was a reflex, I grab him by the collar and shove him into the lockers behind him. His big head bounces off the metal and he reaches up to hold the place of impact. He grimaces in pain and looks up with glossy eyes. The weak look enrages me even more. For what? I never know. Just like in the other dreams, I get in his face and remind him of how weak and useless he is. I finally let go of him after he started to cry, feeling accomplished. Deku darted down the hallway as soon as I freed him and disappeared into the bathroom. Once he was out of sight, a sense of dread washed over me. I stood stiffly in the middle of the hallway, ignoring the questions from my acquaintances.