ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟙𝟠

"Did it work?"

"It would've if that third year didn't come looking for him"

"Find. Another. Way"

————————————

Hinata had been out in intensive care for three days now. Almost every single team had been asking poor Sugawara and Ukai what happened to him and why he wasn't at the house.

However, the coach and setter had decided that they wouldn't tell anyone because they weren't sure who had poisoned the sunshine in the first place.

What was weird to the duo was when Yua Ito unexpectedly turned up at the hospital. Yua had not been informed of Hinata's state which was instantly strange to them.

So if she didn't know... why would she turn up to the hospital asking for Hinata?

Obviously Ukai was informed before Yua was allowed to visit Hinata because he had been in such a bad condition. Ukai was already suspicious of the girl but decided he would watch her moves instead.

In fact, as of right now Ukai was watching Yua try to interact with the boy. Hinata had an oxygen mask which prevented him from talking and several life support machines hooked to his body.

Yua gently stroked a strand of white hair from Hinata's pale features "hey Shōyō... I really hope you get better" she mumbled caressing his cheek with a gentle thumb.

Hinata looked softly at the girl. Eyes completely hollowed, yet they held so much emotion at the same time. Hinata wanted to scream and thrash around; why was the world so damn cruel to him?

What had he done to deserve such treatment form the universe? Was he that bad of a person?

Life really was a bitch.

Hinata's eyes became clouded and glazed with tears as he thought of his shitty turn of events. What was worse was that no one except Sugawara and Ukai had visited him in the hospital.

Hinata thought that no one cared about him. To be honest, he didn't really understand the concept of being cared for in the first place; so it really wasn't a surprise to him.

The idea of someone caring for him was still such an alien feeling for the teen.

Yua noticed the tears and began to feel incredibly guilty.

The pink haired girl was quick to whip out a tissue from her purse and dab his cheeks with the soft material. Hinata stared comfortingly at the girl; she cared for him?

Now that was something he hadn't experienced.

Hinata viewed Yua as the mother he never had.

He started to become emotionally reliant on Yua. This in itself was one of his many massive mistakes. Hinata faintly smiled at her caring gesture and reached a bony hand towards the girl.